• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Sean Callahan talks recruting on Big Red Wrap-Up (10-2-12)---Possible commits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Two or three guys came close to commiting over the weekend....as Nate Clouse also said:

J.D. Hinnent and OL from CA (has an Oregon offer).....no surprise.....Nebraska is the team to beat nearly committed at the game....Huskers have two OL commits at present.....will take at least two more for a total of four....staff is going to be slective on those last two....thus, Hinnent would be a big get and OL commit #3.....

Interesting he thinks Kenny Lacy may flip from UCLA....

Dominic Walker....no surprise....as we learned today he is no longer committed to Vanderbilt....and Sean talks about....Huskers are team to beat...

Also thinks David Keneval & Christian Morris are on the cusp of committing too....

Huskers are only going to take ONE RB commit....JJ Kemp is very interested....Huskers #1 choice is Terrell Newby....they will wait to see what he does before taking a commit from another RB recruit...

---Staff will not recruit in Ohio....game is to big....

---Expect the staff to be on the road recrutiing next week during the bye-week....

---Bando, Gerry and Lacoutoure have helped recruting by being at the games....

http://netnebraska.org/interactive-multimedia/sports/big-red-wrap-wisconsin-recap-1206

Last edited:

If all these rumors are correct, we would be done with O linemen soon. Still room for Quisenberry?

So of the five OL prospects mentioned in this thread, wouldnt Hinnant be #5 on the board? and if so, and we're only taking 4 OL, would we take a commitment from him now with the other four still strong possibilities?

If Keneval who some folks believe is a 5-star talent from Canada wants in....its a done deal....I suspect Hinnant is too....and if Quiz comes here then I think we take all three to get us to five...four is a goal to shoot for....but going over one would not be a huge deal...

So of the five OL prospects mentioned in this thread, wouldnt Hinnant be #5 on the board? and if so, and we're only taking 4 OL, would we take a commitment from him now with the other four still strong possibilities?

First post here, lingered for a long time.

Any word on Corey Clement, the former Pitt recruit? From what I've seen, rather have him and Newby over a Jo-Jo Kemp.

He is staying with Pitt....

And welcome...:)

First post here, lingered for a long time.

Any word on Corey Clement, the former Pitt recruit? From what I've seen, rather have him and Newby over a Jo-Jo Kemp.

If the right guys want in, we will take more than 4 OL.

Hinnant has conflicting quotes out there. One saying he was told we would take 4 more OL and the other that we were taking 4.

I have a real hard time believing that if Hinnant and Knewal commit, that we'd turn Quesenberry and/or Morris away if they want to come.

Last edited:
I would put Hinnant at #5 for sure. I am not a real big fan of his to be honest. He is not close to the same class as Scott Quessenberry as an interior OL prospect. I would also take David Knevel in a second over him as well, although he is a Tackle prospect. I think ideally the Huskers would love to get Quessenberry. He can play any of the three interior spots and center seems to be a position of need for this class. Getting Knevel would be a huge get too. I think Christian Morris and Kenny Lacy are still long shots despite their visits. A potential OL class of Dan Samuelson (OT), Zach Hannon (G/T), David Knevel (OT) and Scott Quessenberry (C/G) would be very nice.

That would be a nice haul....I've spoken to a person or two and all I have read about Knevel and they say he is a 5-star talent...playing in Canada he does not get the recognition he would down here in the USA...Quiz is a key in my opinion too...we are in the ring with him....and have a chance....we will see though...:)

I would put Hinnant at #5 for sure. I am not a real big fan of his to be honest. He is not close to the same class as Scott Quessenberry as an interior OL prospect. I would also take David Knevel in a second over him as well, although he is a Tackle prospect. I think ideally the Huskers would love to get Quessenberry. He can play any of the three interior spots and center seems to be a position of need for this class. Getting Knevel would be a huge get too. I think Christian Morris and Kenny Lacy are still long shots despite their visits. A potential OL class of Dan Samuelson (OT), Zach Hannon (G/T), David Knevel (OT) and Scott Quessenberry (C/G) would be very nice.

It seems we have signed a lot of Tackle sized people the last few years and fewer true interior lineman. A good center and athletic guards that can pull should be a priority. I hope that there is enough talent and depth on the line now to plan to redshirt all the incoming players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back