• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Scott Frost's 1st R class as HC - A UCFast & UCFierce UCFinish

Paramus

Travel Squad
5 Year Member
UCF is now being promoted as the home of the fast and the fierce. UNL is the home of the Big Red, and now UCF is claiming its own brand. UCFast & UCFierce is the new slogan for UCF football. UCFast describes their offense and UCFierce describes their defense.

UCF Fast & Fierce also describes UCF's signing day.

Less than a week ago UCF's recruiting class was ranked #101 in Rivals. They had 11 commitments. But today (signing day) UCF finished with a recruiting class that has 20 players and ranks number 51 in the nation.

In other words, UCF's recruiting class jumped 50 places in the Rivals team rankings in less than a week! I would say that is UCF fast, fierce and even furious!

Scott Frost recruited a dual threat QB, and guys who can do damage in open space. He has one RB who runs a 10.5 100 meters and a 21.05 200 meters. He is definitely going to institute the Oregon fast-break offense.

Scott was also able to recruit 2 defensive tackles. We got none. He also got 2 DEs. He got a of couple guys who had offers from Alabama and Ohio State. He has two 4* players in his class.

"This is a really good group of high school football players and a really good group of human beings," Frost said. "We're thrilled to have them join our family. I know we've recruited a lot of potential to UCF in this class. We're excited to work with our current players and to add these guys to our team somewhere down the road this summer."

Tweets indicate a positive feeling in Orlando

1. Taking over on Dec. 1, @coach_frost and his staff were able to land almost all of their targets.#KN16HTS

2. We. Are. PUMPED. #UCFierce & #UCFast in full effect in 2016 signing class!

3. I haven't been this excited about @UCF_Football since #UCFiesta. Now it's #UCFast AND #UCFierce. I love it. #NSD

4. The No. 20 WR in nation is a Knight! Welcome, Dredrick

5. Ohana! Welcome the first Hawaiian player ever at UCF, McKenzie

UCF's last 4 recruiting classes were ranked 63, 73, 73, and 90 (by rivals).

Even though Scott arrived only 2 months ago, and had to recruit both a coaching staff and players, he finished with a class that is ranked higher than any of the previous 4 classes at UCF. Outstanding!

"We had a lot of fun putting this class together," Frost said. "I can't thank my staff enough. The job my staff did is unbelievable to get this kind of signing class put together in such a short amount of time. We didn't have the whole staff the entire time in recruiting. In a short amount of time what they were able to get done with this class is amazing. I can't wait to see what they can do when they have more time to recruit."

But Scott has the challenge of trying to win next year mostly with the players who were in those previous 4 recruiting classes, which were not very strong. It is a building project that needs a young energetic guy like Scott.

I like what Scott calmly said at his press conference. To paraphrase he said "Yes, today we conquered the signing day challenge, but each day has its own important challenges, and we must conquer those daily challenges to make this program what it can be."

He also said that he and his coaches enjoy the recruiting process because it is a form of competition.

"Recruiting is competitive and I think that's one thing our coaches love about it," Frost said. "We're all competitors and recruiting becomes a competition, too. I'm not surprised that UCF can compete with those people in recruiting. It's going to be our job to make sure we can compete with those people on the field."

Scott's entire press conference is on audio at the end of this summary article.

http://www.ucfknights.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020316aae.html

From the audio you get the impression that Scott is an honest, open man of integrity who treats reporters with great respect. He is also a very good communicator. You also get the sense that he truly believes in UCF, his staff, and himself. He has those ever so important attributes of confidence and faith in what he can do. I hope he does very well.

Those who attended the press conference said that Scott smiled more during this one public appearance than Bo did in 7 years. They also said that he did not put his hands in his pockets! For both of those accomplishments I give Scott kudos and a gold star!

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

I don't think we need Scott Frost. We just landed a recruiting class that is tops in the B1G West. Our current staff could win us some championships. It is too early to tell. Scott Frost might prove himself to be an exceptional HC, but for that, it is also too early to tell.

But I must say that I really like how UCF and Scott Frost have branded UCF football as the home of the Fast and the Fierce. I'll bet it is an image that recruits are really attracted to.

Yes, maybe one day Nebraska will be the home of the fast and fierce with SF leading the way. That kind of image and that kind of approach to the game might be necessary for DONU to recapture its championship past. Hard to say.

Scott has been a champion pretty much all his life. It would not surprise me if he becomes a champion as a HC.

Last edited:

I think what FLAS meant was ... Scott Frost needs head coaching experience. :)

That might be, but I'll stick with my assumption. I could be wrong, but it seems to me that he has never given HCMR a vote of confidence.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back