• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Scott Frost

Steve Pederson tried all that. How did it work out?
A LOT better than our last 3 years!

BTW, we can create new traditions and still run a power offense. I’m not sure why Callahan thought we needed to sling the ball through the air.

A LOT better than our last 3 years!

BTW, we can create new traditions and still run a power offense. I’m not sure why Callahan thought we needed to sling the ball through the air.
It appears to me that Frost likes to sling the ball, also.

We need to HIRE MR. CAMPBELL from ISU! He won't be around for long. His WHOLE TEAM is, player driven. I was speaking with an educator (retired) yesterday and we mused that often the under 30 crowd doesn't want to hear 2 things: 1. No. 2. Be shown HOW to do something. The teams of the present and future need to be player driven and not coaches' "guilt and shame" sermon. Those "sermons" worked well with Dr. Tom (or by what Dr. Tom didn't say) but these young men are different. MR. CAMPBELL obviously "gets it," with wins this year, for the first time ever for ISU, against OK and TX! The CULTURE that he has built wherever he has coached has brought huge dividends with the players/fans/assistant coaches. IF we let him "go," he''ll end up at a rival school. Harbaugh is on the hot seat now and so is Ferentz. The irony of KF calling out SF, really, let's talk to some of KF's former players and see what they think about KF and his son. KF thought that his son would "ascend to the IA throne" after he retired--NOT SO, NOW!

We need to HIRE MR. CAMPBELL from ISU! He won't be around for long. His WHOLE TEAM is, player driven. I was speaking with an educator (retired) yesterday and we mused that often the under 30 crowd doesn't want to hear 2 things: 1. No. 2. Be shown HOW to do something. The teams of the present and future need to be player driven and not coaches' "guilt and shame" sermon. Those "sermons" worked well with Dr. Tom (or by what Dr. Tom didn't say) but these young men are different. MR. CAMPBELL obviously "gets it," with wins this year, for the first time ever for ISU, against OK and TX! The CULTURE that he has built wherever he has coached has brought huge dividends with the players/fans/assistant coaches. IF we let him "go," he''ll end up at a rival school. Harbaugh is on the hot seat now and so is Ferentz. The irony of KF calling out SF, really, let's talk to some of KF's former players and see what they think about KF and his son. KF thought that his son would "ascend to the IA throne" after he retired--NOT SO, NOW!
Read somewhere that he would be top candidate at Michigan if Hairball leaves

By the time NU is ready to hire another coach (Either after 2021 or 2022), Campbell will either be staying committed to Iowa State or be the HC of a team like Michigan or Texas. Hell, even if we did have an opening right now, Campbell isn’t touching the NU gig.

Nebraska needs to mortgage the future before it’s too late and send Moos to Ames Iowa with a blank check and spend whatever it takes to get the guy that has wins over BOTH Oklahoma and Texas this year. I can only imagine the success Coach Campbell would have with the resources he’d have at his disposal in Lincoln. And I’d even be okay with him bringing his entire staff with him too!
He might have Iowa type success, here Nothing more, that’s the ceiling with our population disadvantage vs. other B1G schools. ISU is in a much more favorable conference for success.

Last edited:

Not happening.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back