• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Scott Frost and Moos going forward.

Hville

Blackshirt
5 Year Member
It's pretty obvious we are stuck with SF for at least a couple more years. We knew going in this was the case. Ultimately we still all hope he is the guy. However, a hard look in the mirror is needed. All of us armchair coaches are normally clueless but in this case there are glaring problems a cross the board. I personally don't think this staff is spending enough time on the little things and those little mistakes by so many players and player groups are killing us.

That being said, we need to go after urban meyer immediately for a 60 day 1 million dollar consultant fee and get a plan in place for the next few years. If urban says fire coaches than so be it. Maybe it's not the coaches but the "what" they are teaching or even practice drills or format. Scott Frost really needs to step back and get his game back. I know some will argue that we shouldn't have to train a 5 million dollar coach but at this point we can't let it go any longer.

This is crazy.
Crazy, because I was sitting here last night thinking why not reach out to Urban Meyer as a consultant to give us some feedback? There is nobody on our staff that has significant experience, especially P5... and they are absolutely clueless right now. I don’t believe they know what to do to get out of the hole.

I was thinking about my kids, who have always asked me how I’m so comfortable in front of the media, talking to people in large crowds etc. and I say because I know what I’m talking about. I’m comfortable with my subject matter. So it makes it easy. But I also tell them that if you were to put me in front of a crowd and have me explain crazy high level math equations I wouldn’t have the slightest idea and I wouldn’t be comfortable at all.

I definitely have the vision that Frost and crew are trying to teach high-level math equations...

Interesting idea. Publicly, Meyer respects Frost. Maybe after "looking under the hood" he'd see things differently. But I would expect a glowing report from Meyer. Sure, there'd be little things to tweak but I don't think he would recommend a major overhaul. So, not sure it'd be worth it.

You get out of the hole by winning both lines of scrimmage. By being fundamentally solid. By gaining an identity and sticking with it. And by scoring at least one more point than your opponent. Not trying to be a wise guy but there it is. Play this season out. Win as many as you can. Make the adjustments needed (Austin and Chin right now look vulnerable unless things change). Pederson got one thing right. He forced Frank to make the necessary changes. Moos has to do that here with Frost. We have no identity on either side of the ball.

But I would expect a glowing report from Meyer. Sure, there'd be little things to tweak but I don't think he would recommend a major overhaul. So, not sure it'd be worth it.

Valid
The coaching community is very tight and they aren’t likely to throw anybody or their staff under the bus. Except the $EC...

How about if we pay him 10 million per year to be head head coach and Frost can be jr. assistant to the head coach.

Seems weird that in year 3 we are trying to figure out ways we can train our head coach to be competent.
It does seem crazy and I tried to state that in the original post. However, when we are committed to the tune of 20+ million anyway why not go another mill. Or ask sf to fund it.

It's pretty obvious we are stuck with SF for at least a couple more years. We knew going in this was the case. Ultimately we still all hope he is the guy. However, a hard look in the mirror is needed. All of us armchair coaches are normally clueless but in this case there are glaring problems a cross the board. I personally don't think this staff is spending enough time on the little things and those little mistakes by so many players and player groups are killing us.

That being said, we need to go after urban meyer immediately for a 60 day 1 million dollar consultant fee and get a plan in place for the next few years. If urban says fire coaches than so be it. Maybe it's not the coaches but the "what" they are teaching or even practice drills or format. Scott Frost really needs to step back and get his game back. I know some will argue that we shouldn't have to train a 5 million dollar coach but at this point we can't let it go any longer.

Maybe we should ask Osborne to stand on the sideline next to Scott to learn some game management. Wouldn’t hurt.

Ugh.....I can't stand Urban Meyer. Didn't like him at Florida, hated him at tOSU.

But.......if he were to somehow, someway, someday become the Nebraska Head Football Coach, I would love it.

What can I say, I'm a hypocrite when it comes to the Huskers......:)

Maybe we should ask Osborne to stand on the sideline next to Scott to learn some game management. Wouldn’t hurt.

dos equis facepalm GIF by Dos Equis Gifs to the World

Last edited:

It does seem crazy and I tried to state that in the original post. However, when we are committed to the tune of 20+ million anyway why not go another mill. Or ask sf to fund it.

Be better just to hire Urbs as head coach.

0% chance Frost cooperates with a forced consultant.
:thumbsup:
I think Moos has made it clear he'll get Frost anything Frost asks for. A consultant likely isn't on the list.
Moos doesn't want to be Eichorst II.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back