• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Schemey Schmemy

See, I think that is part of the problem. This Husker team right now is bad-probably bordering on very bad. "losses to teams like Minnesota" to me is elitist and out of touch with current football. Nebraska is nothing more than an average football team the last 15 years or so. Minnesota is halfway through the season, has an undefeated coach, improved greatly at the end of last year, ditched a coordinator, beat WISCONSIN who thumps us every year, and appears moving in a much more positive trajectory than we are. Row the Boat coach annoys the hell out of me but he is making things happen. We haven't had the ability or right to take anyone lightly. Things change in this world and teams get better and some get worse. I would not be shocked if this Minnesota team won 9 or 10 games.

I don't know which galls me more, the undefeated coach or the undefeated players :Banghead: . But props to them. They're doing what we wish were doing.

Last edited:

Indiana is going to be interesting. 5-2 record with Maryland on deck, "but they haven't played anyone" just like Minnesota. That's an absolute must win for Frost. If you can't win that, we are in trouble to get to a bowl game.

They have a running QB which is what scares me. For whatever reason, we are awful against a good running QB.

It's too early to know the true problem, plain and simple. If there are losses to teams like Minnesota in year 4, then I'll be worried. Right now we have to deal with what we got and trust the process.
Agree, also think Frost was really on to something that our QBs are both injured right now because our only running between the tackles is with our QBs. That's a tough spot to be in.

If you knew Martinez had a shoulder injury and no long ball would you want him to still start?

They have a running QB which is what scares me. For whatever reason, we are awful against a good running QB.
Which is ironic. because this is actually the defense pretty much designed to stop a running QB.

Last edited:
I just read the below forum input for IU on Nebraska: Doesn't look like they're too concerned abut playing us.

"With Nebraska,it isn't only the Minnesota game and how they were dominated by the Minnesota running game. If you saw them the week before against Northwestern, they struggled against a team that was down to their 3rd String Quarterback and generating virtually no offense.They were lucky to win on a last second field goal."

"Nothing I've seen of Nebraska this season has impressed me a bit. Blowing the lead at CU, barely generating an offense vs NU or Minny, and they looked as bad, maybe worse than IU vs OSU. Will need to play well there, but winnable if IU can. "

They have no reason to be concerned about us.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back