• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Schedule To Be Released Tomorrow During FOX "Big Noon Kickoff Program"

If freshman version of Martinez or better shows up I think this team does well. If sophmore version shows up against this schedule its going to be a long 8 games. I feel like the Huskers are going to surprise people this season though.

This scheduling is a system that needs to be fixed.

First, the only conference games that should matter to crown a division champion are the games within the division. That way, each team plays every other team. The winner of the most games within the division is the division champion. In case of a tie within the division, then and only then, would the crossover games (strength of schedule) come into play.

Second, the crossover games should be on a rotating schedule. I will give the Big XII credit on this one. The cross over games were selected by playing 3 teams as a set in a 2 years.

Each team in the northern division would play 3 teams from the south, 1 year at home and the next year away, in the 2 year segment. The following 2 years, each northern team would play the other 3 teams in the southern division, 1 year at home and the next away. This was always a fair way to do scheduling. (It was never handled by people that some could consider to be somewhat vindictive.)

This way of rotating worked very well with 6 teams in each division. I would take some more thought processing to figure out using 7 teams in each division. My math skills aren't working that well at the present time.

Using this process, yearly division and conference schedules could be easily figured out years in advance, except for exact date and time. I know it used to be some non-conference were figured out when the players who would actually play the games were in third, fourth, and fifth grades. You never knew how good a team would be that many years in advance. What could be more fair than that?

If anyone can improve on this, I'm open for suggestions.

Whoever out there has contact with the UNL/B1G brass, pass this along to them.
The B1G grossly overcomplicates the crossover schedules. It should be like the old Big 12 system you mentioned, adjusted for 7-team divisions. So everyone plays crossover opponents exactly three times every seven years. The only slightly complicating factor is that Indiana and Purdue play every year.

Bottom line, crossover scheduling is one of the many things for which the B1G needs to do better.

The B1G grossly overcomplicates the crossover schedules. It should be like the old Big 12 system you mentioned, adjusted for 7-team divisions. So everyone plays crossover opponents exactly three times every seven years. The only slightly complicating factor is that Indiana and Purdue play every year.

Bottom line, crossover scheduling is one of the many things for which the B1G needs to do better.

Is there some rule that Indiana and Purdue play every year, or can this be changed? (I really don't know)

Watching halftime of Miami-Louisville and they are laughing and taking shots at Nebraska. "Nebraksa opens the season with a loss.. Well Frost wanted to play and talked about leaving the conference. Now they get OSU, PSU, Wisconsin AND Northwestern in the first five games. Well you wanted to play football". I hope the Huskers are so fired up they go to Columbus and hang an L on them. This will be motivation. I Promise. GBR!!

To your point, 2020 NU vs tOSU will be 5th year in a row. I am hoping / praying the 2020 version will at least resemble the 2018 edition.

Second, the crossover games should be on a rotating schedule. I will give the Big XII credit on this one. The cross over games were selected by playing 3 teams as a set in a 2 years.

Watching halftime of Miami-Louisville and they are laughing and taking shots at Nebraska. "Nebraksa opens the season with a loss.. Well Frost wanted to play and talked about leaving the conference. Now they get OSU, PSU, Wisconsin AND Northwestern in the first five games. Well you wanted to play football". I hope the Huskers are so fired up they go to Columbus and hang an L on them. This will be motivation. I Promise. GBR!!
This was a predictable response from the media. Nebraska needs to make them all shut up by playing better football.

No question Warren contributed to this schedule, but he won't be in the league for very long so weather the storm and keep building Big Red football.

Last edited:

Drives me nuts that they say Frost talked about leaving the conference. He never said that.

Is there some rule that Indiana and Purdue play every year, or can this be changed? (I really don't know)

I think that's one of those protected rivalry games. There are others, but I think that may be the only one that crosses over divisions. In the original divisions -- Legends and Leaders -- there were other examples of rivalries that were protected even though they were in opposite divisions.

I have the game on also, and heard the comments.

Yes, Frost wanted to play and wanted the option of playing games outside the conference if the rest of the conference wasn't playing. Frost never did say anything about leaving the conference. Tom Shatel had a column that he (Tom Shatel) mentioned about leaving the conference, not Scott or anyone else in the UNL system. Tom did apologize for him saying it (no, I don't have the link to the column). But it was others in the media who twisted what Tom had written, making it sound like Scott had said it.

The group from ESPN likes to twist facts to prove that their brains are still disconnected from their mouths, the ESPN group deserves the name "The Twisted Idiots". College Gameday should have "Starring the Twisted Idiots" added to the name of the show. At least till they can get things straight (but that would ruin their ratings).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back