• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Schedule To Be Released Tomorrow During FOX "Big Noon Kickoff Program"

After getting blown out 48-7 by tOSU last year, we went 2-5 down the stretch with wins over awful NW and Maryland teams. I would contend that the Ohio State beatdown made us worse rather than better. Just something to consider.

No, NU just sucked last year.

C

Wisconsin is beatable in my opinion. New RB and loss of a few more offensive weapons and we played well against them the past few seasons. Manning will be a nightmare matchup freeing Wan'dale up to do his thing and I could go on
Agreed. Also Iowa & Minny.

Wisconsin is beatable in my opinion. New RB and loss of a few more offensive weapons and we played well against them the past few seasons. Manning will be a nightmare matchup freeing Wan'dale up to do his thing and I could go on
I agree on Wisconsin, same for Iowa too. They barely beat us with a lot of the teams best talent gone this year. Manning should be a big piece of the puzzle we were missing last year. Very excited to see him play this year.

Last edited:

I agree on Wisconsin, same for Iowa too. They barely beat us with a lot of the teams best talent gone this year. Manning should be a big piece of the puzzle we were missing last year. Very excited to see him play this year.
I agree with both, especially Iowa. Stanley was a 3-year starter, that's very tough to overcome. I expect them to take a step back this season. If we win 1 game this season I want it to be against Iowa.

Nebraska getting punked by everyone today, even game announcers are have a good time with it. Most said quote of the day.

"Careful what you ask for Nebraska"

C

This scheduling is a system that needs to be fixed.

First, the only conference games that should matter to crown a division champion are the games within the division. That way, each team plays every other team. The winner of the most games within the division is the division champion. In case of a tie within the division, then and only then, would the crossover games (strength of schedule) come into play.

Second, the crossover games should be on a rotating schedule. I will give the Big XII credit on this one. The cross over games were selected by playing 3 teams as a set in a 2 years.

Each team in the northern division would play 3 teams from the south, 1 year at home and the next year away, in the 2 year segment. The following 2 years, each northern team would play the other 3 teams in the southern division, 1 year at home and the next away. This was always a fair way to do scheduling. (It was never handled by people that some could consider to be somewhat vindictive.)

This way of rotating worked very well with 6 teams in each division. I would take some more thought processing to figure out using 7 teams in each division. My math skills aren't working that well at the present time.

Using this process, yearly division and conference schedules could be easily figured out years in advance, except for exact date and time. I know it used to be some non-conference were figured out when the players who would actually play the games were in third, fourth, and fifth grades. You never knew how good a team would be that many years in advance. What could be more fair than that?

If anyone can improve on this, I'm open for suggestions.

Whoever out there has contact with the UNL/B1G brass, pass this along to them.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back