• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Saturday Tourney Thread (3/29/14)

B1G has good chance for three of four in final four. Dickie V tweeted that only one other time has one conference had three teams in the final four, citing Big East with Villanova, Georgetown and St. John's in 1985. Unfortunately he's wrong since Big 8 had KU, KSU and Oklahoma the year that Danny Manning'sKU team beat OU in the final. Think that was 1987 or so. If that happens it's probably safe to say that NU has never before beaten two final four teams in the same year!

B1G has good chance for three of four in final four. Dickie V tweeted that only one other time has one conference had three teams in the final four, citing Big East with Villanova, Georgetown and St. John's in 1985. Unfortunately he's wrong since Big 8 had KU, KSU and Oklahoma the year that Danny Manning'sKU team beat OU in the final. Think that was 1987 or so. If that happens it's probably safe to say that NU has never before beaten two final four teams in the same year!

It was actually 1998. But Kansas State was not in the Final Four. KU beat them in the Regional Final.

I stand corrected on the final four, was actually three of final eight. But I do remember the only way for me to win two bracket contests was for KU to beat OU. Thankfully 1988 was my year and I won a boatload of cash from a $20 and $10 per entry contest! My apologies to Dickie V as well.

I think teams I've been rooting for have lost the last 12 games or so! :)

I'll be rooting hard for UCONN today and fully expect that to not go my way.

I will be holding my nose tightly while rooting for Kentucky.

Nothing about the approaching final 4 is interesting to me. I like exactly NONE of the teams remaining. To the point that I seriously dislike 5 of the remaining 6 and don't really care about FLorida one way or the other.

I think teams I've been rooting for have lost the last 12 games or so! :)

I'll be rooting hard for UCONN today and fully expect that to not go my way.

I will be holding my nose tightly while rooting for Kentucky.

Nothing about the approaching final 4 is interesting to me. I like exactly NONE of the teams remaining. To the point that I seriously dislike 5 of the remaining 6 and don't really care about FLorida one way or the other.

I do miss having a George Mason or Butler in the Final Four.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back