• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Santos' head coach weighs in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
From Sip on the LJS Blog....sounds like the sort of kid we want....and go Ek go !!.....:)

Just got off the phone with David Santos' head coach, Drew Svoboda.

Svoboda said Santos led Klein Collins High in tackles last season as the Tigers finished 12-1, losing in the third round of the Class 5A state playoffs.

“He just has a knack to play the game of football,” the coach said. “That’s probably what separates David from a lot of other high school athletes. He has an extremely high football I.Q.

“The second thing is his suddenness at the point of contact. He’s extremely fast-twitched. He has a lot of pop to him.”

Utah, which thoroughly recruits the Houston area, was the first to offer Santos a scholarship, Svoboda said.

Mike Ekeler evidently did an excellent job in landing Santos.

“Coach Ekeler’s an extremely intense guy, and it comes across in his recruiting,” Svoboda said. "David's everything you want in a recruit, and I think Coach Ekeler saw that immediately."

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Husker_Extra_Group/Husker_Extra/blog/santos_head_coach_weighs_in.html

Last edited:

More:

David Santos, a 6-foot, 193-pound linebacker from Klein, Texas, has committed to Nebraska, according to both Scout.com and Rivals.com.

He reportedly turned down scholarship offers from Arkansas, Colorado State, Kansas, Memphis, Tulane, Utah and Wyoming.

"The academics were big," Santos told Scout.com's Bryan Munson. "The 94 percent graduation rate is good. I am going there and will play for a good football school. But I will also take care of the academics.

"Football wise, it's just a great fit. I love the defense. I love the coaching staff. It was just a big family there."

Nebraska linebackers coach Mike Ekeler apparently played the lead role in Santos' recruitment.

Klein is near Houston.

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Husk..._Extra/blog/santos_reportedly_chooses_nu.html

Thanks RR for the link. Great job done by Coach Ekeler once again, glad to hear Santos is going to be a HUSKER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back