• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Samori Toure in 6 Plays

I said early on he was the best get in the off season imo. AM might have his best group of receivers this season since he's been at Nebraska. Going to really be exciting to see how it all comes together in 2021.

The passing offense will revolve around him

After an 87 catch 1485 yard All America season at Montana he is going to jump start the offense in conjunction with Manning and Martin

Why wouldn't we?

Not going out on a limb here but based on the last 2 years Nebraska needs improved play from the offensive line, a quarterback that improves ability to throw accurately downfield and can go through all his progressions. It wouldn't hurt to see Lubick/Frost grow as playcallers.

If these 3-4 things happen, Toure could have a tremendous impact in 2021…hoping we all see it on the field. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Not going out on a limb here but based on the last 2 years Nebraska needs improved play from the offensive line, a quarterback that improves ability to throw accurately downfield and can go through all his progressions. It wouldn't hurt to see Lubick/Frost grow as playcallers.

If these three things happen, Toure could have a tremendous impact in 2021…hoping it happens. :thumbsup:

Ah so your hedging your bets so your so you will be tight either way. I like that kind of optimism ;)

Oh and. Record setters Morgan and Speilman say "hi" for their buddy Adrian who got them the ball alot

Like I daid the passing offense will revolve around Toure with Manning and Martin. I think all three will have big seasons behind a young but very athletic line.

If these 3-4 things happen, Toure could have a tremendous impact in 2021…hoping we all see it on the field. :thumbsup:
I agree!! You can't sugarcoat that all those areas need to improve as they have been lackluster!

I agree!! You can't sugarcoat that all those areas need to improve as they have been lackluster!

I hope this thread is not going become yet the 100th+ thread of the same old greatest hits why everything sucks. Most folks are beyond tired of that. I know I get PMs complaining about it

It's nice to have an odd thread with just a drop of positivity in this case Toure right?

Last edited:
Ah so your hedging your bets so your so you will be tight either way. I like that kind of optimism ;)

Oh and. Record setters Morgan and Speilman say "hi" for their buddy Adrian who got them the ball alot

Like I daid the passing offense will revolve around Toure with Manning and Martin. I think all three will have big seasons behind a young but very athletic line.

Red Reign…

Here are a couple team rankings the last 3 years….

Total Offense Yards Per Game
2018…26th
2019…55th
2020…tied for 66th

Points Per Game
2018…58th
2019…72nd
2020…102nd

I see a “statistical trend developing” and there are areas that need improvement to turn it around. I didn’t say everything sucks but my head isn’t buried in the sand either. I am talking about me not anyone else.

I am positive that Toure will have a very good to potentially a great season, if Nebraska improves along the offensive line, improved play from the quarterback, and improvement from the playcallers. This would help allow his talents to shine.

I am not derailing this thread…I want Toure to have great success at Nebraska but this is a team sport and he needs help to put up the numbers you/we hope to see in 2021.

Last edited:

When I see guys like Toure, it doesnt remind me of a walkon.
It doesnt remind me of someone who would leave knowing he could get better here, because thats WHY hes here.
Having two wrs shows it makes a huge difference in total offense, having a RB doing well every game does as well, which is only going to make the wrs and qbs just that much better as well.
Last year, freshmen rb and one older guy who got hurt, walkons a freshman wr, two walkons and Wandale.
This year,a freshman rb, a rs frish rb, a rs soph rb, plus others, a soph wr, a rs wr, two frosh wrs, a junior wr, a senior wr, another junior wr, not counting walkons.
I see no comparisons at all from last year to this year, even the O line is more experienced.
Toure will show why the pros are watching him.

I hope this thread is not going become yet the 100th+ thread of the same old greatest hits why everything sucks. Most folks are beyond tired of that. I know I get PMs complaining about it

It's nice to have an odd thread with just a drop of positivity in this case Toure right?
Nm

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back