• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Samari Curtis is N (To Transfer)

Also a reminder, he is a 3* for a reason.

I am not complaining but I think some need to realize that we are filling out a depleted roster and many of these guys probably (I hope) wouldn't be good enough to join the team 4 years from now.

Or am I expecting too much?

Not every one of these guys is going to be a star, or even a contributor. I think that’s a given. With this many holes to fill so quickly, some will likely be a miss.

However, Fred didn’t have that many flat out misses at ISU that I recall. They did their homework, especially on the discipline cases and had few problems. Nor, does Fred abide slackers. They will cycle out the non-hackers pretty quickly.

I think that level of player, a 3* Mr Ohio is a pretty decent floor to expect. They can’t be too choosey in this short cycle, and had precious little time to do a ton of research, so this is probably the most scattershot/highest % chance for error you will see from them. However, think about Niang...he likes overlooked 4-year guys with huge upside. Yes, Niang was 4* but blew up late.

Really fortunate to be able to take so many eligible transfers in particular. I would trust Fred’s evaluations under most circumstances.

https://twitter.com/Husker247BC/status/1128784525931241475
If he has a 4-Star heart to go with whatever his star level talent is, I don't care...
247Sports Link...
, Samari Curtis, once set on heading to Cincinnati, is now planning to be at Nebraska after a coaching shakeup to the school he previously signed with. The highly regarded guard from Xenia High School stands 6-4, 180 pounds, and was Mr. Basketball in the state of Ohio after scoring 2,109 career points despite missing 11 games during his career with injury. He averaged 34.4 points and 5.8 assists during a healthy senior year in which he piled up 816 points.

"My one line would have to be I can’t wait to play my heart out for these coaches and fans!" Curtis told Husker247 via text.

He shot better than 50 percent from the field, including a 33-percent clip from 3-point range. He was all set to go to Cincinnati, even signed on the dotted line to play there. Then it was announced that Mick Cronin was leaving the program to coach UCLA, giving Curtis the opportunity to get a release from his letter of intent and explore his options.

Last edited:
Also a reminder, he is a 3* for a reason.

I am not complaining but I think some need to realize that we are filling out a depleted roster and many of these guys probably (I hope) wouldn't be good enough to join the team 4 years from now.

Or am I expecting too much?

#permanenglasshalfempty

Which is why his offer list is good but not great.
Of course star systems are flawed, but it could be just as flawed in the other direction.
We will see. I have never seen him play but I do know that he is a 3* and he has three offers from pretty good basketball schools. Its all I have to go on.
You are a pin in search of a balloon.
This is why recruiting classes aren’t reasons to retain a coach. Frost and Hoiberg flipped their rosters fast.
*if you hire a good recruiter
It took Pelini six years to flip his roster and it only got worse.

You are a pin in search of a balloon.
Not really. I just look forward to who we will be recruiting in the next couple of years instead of gushing over every recruit we get this season.

Once again, I am not putting down any of the recruits, especially not Curtis. But I think we will be doing much better in the near future.

Not really. I just look forward to who we will be recruiting in the next couple of years instead of gushing over every recruit we get this season.

Once again, I am not putting down any of the recruits, especially not Curtis. But I think we will be doing much better in the near future.
Sure. But when you regularly need to offer this disclaimer, you might as well just accept that you are, in fact, putting down the recruits.

...which is fine, btw; there is certainly no mandate to have the rose colored glasses on for the exodus class with a new coach.

Last edited:

Sure. But when you regularly need to offer this disclaimer, you might as well just accept that you are, in fact, putting down the recruits.

...which is fine, btw; there is certainly no mandate to have the rose colored glasses on for the exodus class with a new coach.
I look at it as believing that future recruits will be better than many of the current ones. But you do you.

I look at it as believing that future recruits will be better than many of the current ones. But you do you.
I'm not sure about present OR future--Hoiberg relied a little too heavily on transfers at ISU for my liking. But I am eager to see how things pan out.

Have a good night.

There’s a chance we could get some higher profile recruits, but I don’t see from a historical perspective, Fred focusing on chasing high ranked high schoolers. If his limited time at ISU is an indication, that’s not his model. The piece of the puzzle I think some are missing, is how the current group appears to change the depth of quality in the roster. When you practice against better, they make you better. Quality 3* players tend to challenge more than walkons or lower ranked guys. The rising tide raising all boats mentality.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back