• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Sam McKewon is wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
With coaches poll in, Palm has Ok St only .0087 behind Alabama. Wow, going down to the wire.

So whats your point? I have not seen anyone claim it as such.
The fact is Alabama beat 3 teams with a WINNING record. You can make your own conclusions about what that means, but I understand why you insist on arguing facts.
\

'Bama's loss to #1 Lsu vs Okie lite loss to unranked Iowa St.. Bama deserves to play over Okie lite. Thats my point !!! Its about the loss , both have 11 wins.

Alabama first choice Okla St. Wouldn't be a bad game either. I do have a hard time imagining a national champ that lost to Iowa St.

In 2007, we had a national champion who lost in 3OTs to both Kentucky (8-5) and Arkansas (7-6). Is a 2OT loss to Iowa State (6-6) worse? I think that's pretty tough to argue either way. However, do bad losses not matter in the SEC?

Perhaps Mike Gundy should have used the same line Les Miles did in 2007...."We're undefeated in regulation."

Last edited:
And you know this how?

because Bama missed 3 kicks in the game that were easily makeable. It wont surprise me when bama beats LSU and claims the title. I guess I will invest in some ear plugs to drown out all of the crying.

Bama is the best option for a title game. Watching Okie Lite get stomped into a orange and black ball of goo isnt my idea of a good game to watch.

LSU beat Alabama. They were better. If they stomp OSU into the dirt what has changed. LSU beats Alabama, LSU beats OSU. No argument; LSU is NO 1.

LSU beat Alabama. Alabama beat LSU. OSU does not get to play. Arguments out the gazoo. Who and what is better served? Who is NO 1?

LSU beat Alabama. They were better. If they stomp OSU into the dirt what has changed. LSU beats Alabama, LSU beats OSU. No argument; LSU is NO 1.

LSU beat Alabama. Alabama beat LSU. OSU does not get to play. Arguments out the gazoo. Who and what is better served? Who is NO 1?

dont really care. I want to watch the two best teams duke it out. IMO, OSU isnt one of those two teams. Without a playoff, non of this makes sense anyways. I want to watch a good game. If Bama wins I have no problem seeing them get fitted for rings. LSU beating bama was so 4 weeks ago ;)

\

'Bama's loss to #1 Lsu vs Okie lite loss to unranked Iowa St.. Bama deserves to play over Okie lite. Thats my point !!! Its about the loss , both have 11 wins.

Why is it that only the loss matters?....Both have 11 wins, both have one loss.....so why make it about one game? I constantly hear the argument from the experts about why certain teams (SEC) should be ranked ahead of others (Boise St for example) and they cite the "body of work". So why does the whole "body of work" not apply in this situation to evaluate Alabama and OSU? The loss should be taken into account, but so should the wins.....Alabama's loss is better, OSU's wins are better IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back