• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Sam Haiby 'N' (OWH Article)

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
Sam (McKewon) on Sam (Haiby, that is!) :nod:

Nice McKewon article in Big Red Today on Lady Husker's latest WBB commit, 4* Sam Haiby.

Point guard pledge Sam Haiby gives Nebraska women's basketball a much-needed explosive scorer
By the time Haiby arrives at Nebraska, the Huskers should have veterans at guard in Hannah Whitish, Bria Stallworth, Maddie Simon and Taylor Kissinger. Among them, only Stallworth — who redshirted last season after transferring from Massachusetts — probably has the same ability to score off the dribble that Haiby would.

Haiby averaged 18.7 points, 5.9 rebounds and 4.7 assists in varsity games for Moorhead. Larson said Haiby has a versatile game, but she’s especially skilled as a scorer.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/womens...cle_4ad9df91-7e71-5735-a023-cf79a59b160f.html

Last edited:
More Sam (from another site :Redface:)
scored 35 in 64-61 loss to St Michael/Albertville (the two section teams thought to fight for berth to state/Mn)

Sam Haiby is 3rd in total points (231)
4th in ppg (28.9)

i scrolled the 3 point shots made, but, noticed she isn't in the top 100+. tells me she is getting majority of points in driving to basket and/or mid range jumpshot.
Assuming you're looking at mngirlsbasketballhub, very few teams submit the full box score stats from their games. Haiby has no data in the system other than points. However, having seen a couple of her games this year, you are correct that she's scoring in lots of different ways - driving, pull-ups, mid-range and from 3.

Sam Haiby suffered a potentially season ending meniscus tear in her knee in a game vs Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton on Friday, Dec. 29. After surgery Jan 4th she learned she would be out a few weeks (vs. a few months) and would likely be able to return to finish the WBB Season.

Best Wishes to the Husker WBB Commit for a full and speedy recovery! :nod:

Miss Basketball candidate, Moorhead's Haiby only to miss a few weeks after knee injury
In the last couple of days, she's heard speculation ranging from a couple weeks to six months for her recovery. Thursday, she got the answer she wanted........
She got an MRI on Wednesday, had surgery Thursday and was told she could return to action in a few weeks. She immediately told her teammates.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/43830...s-haiby-only-miss-few-weeks-after-knee-injury

I think we've got a good one coming in next year. :)

Haiby makes her last home game special as Spud girls advance to semifinals

MOORHEAD—The last home game in the brilliant high school girls basketball career of Sam Haiby came to a close on Tuesday night the way it was meant to be. She scored in every way possible and the Moorhead Spuds advanced to the Minnesota Class 4A, Section 8 semifinals.
The 78-65 quarterfinal win over Rogers at the Spuds gym was a tribute to Haiby, the only senior on the team. She scored 40 points, the fourth time she's reached the 40 mark this season. If there was any doubt that she was recovered from a knee injury earlier this season, she looked 100 percent healthy against the Royals.

"She's the real deal," said Rogers head coach Greg Amundson. "We did everything on defense. A triangle-and-2. A box-and-1. Man. Zone. Front her and back her. And she still gets 40.".......
"You think you've got her and she hits a 3," Amundson said.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/baske...me-game-special-spud-girls-advance-semifinals

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back