• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Saddle Hunters

Redleg

Scout Team
10 Year Member
Any bow hunters on here saddle hunters? I made the switch last year and haven't looked back. Prep trees or run and gun.

I started with a DIY fleece and then went to a manufactured saddle. I'll probably go back and forth this year as a I still really like the fleece.

Any bow hunters on here saddle hunters? I made the switch last year and haven't looked back. Prep trees or run and gun.

I started with a DIY fleece and then went to a manufactured saddle. I'll probably go back and forth this year as a I still really like the fleece.
Haven't been out in a long time now, but have this pillow that is embedded with shredded bamboo and it produces heat when you sit on it. It actually works for what it's worth. Just thought I'd throw this out there in your thread.

I've only just heard of it in the last few weeks. Sounds intriguing. My first reaction was it looked like it could be uncomfortable... But the article I was reading sounded like a saddle may be more comfortable than some tree stands. Definitely more portable.

I'm afraid I might cramp up and end up scaring every deer for 5 miles...

I've only just heard of it in the last few weeks. Sounds intriguing. My first reaction was it looked like it could be uncomfortable... But the article I was reading sounded like a saddle may be more comfortable than some tree stands. Definitely more portable.

I'm afraid I might cramp up and end up scaring every deer for 5 miles...
The beauty is you can adjust your bridge to sit or lean. I have a Tetherd platform and mostly like to lean, but for long hours in the tree, I alternate between leaning and sitting. I find it much more comfortable than my Summit Open Shot tree stand.

Never heard of saddle hunting before today. I would hang myself, but it looks good for others... :Bananalazy:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back