• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Sad State of Texas FB

Power of Corn

Scout Team
10 Year Member
Here is some recent records that Texass has within their own Conf:

vs TCU 3-7
vs Bayl 6-5
vs Ok 3-8
vs Ok St 4-7
vs Iowa St 0-2

Its very hard to make the argument that Texass is even in the top 4 of its own Conf.
They have more money than any Ath Dept, and probably the deepest supply of
High School Talent in the country. They dont recruit.... they choose.

It appears that they just want to get beat by some bigger name schools, as it will
justify their poor play, if they are now routinely being beat by Alab, Florida,
LSU, it just sounds better than Iowa State, Baylor, and TCU. Apparently the
competition was too much for them in the BIG 12.

vs TCU 3-7
vs Bayl 6-5
vs Ok 3-8
vs Ok St 4-7
vs Iowa St 0-2

Its very hard to make the argument that Texass is even in the top 4 of its own Conf.

It appears that they just want to get beat by some bigger name schools, as it will
They don’t care about winning and definitely don’t care about the athletes. This is about making rich powerful men more rich. That’s it at the end of the day. Administration and coaches never had to make this much. They could have redistributed the money through the athletic department’s to give the athletes in all sports the best experience. Instead they took the money. This isn’t much different than youth sports. People getting rich on the backs of kids. Really when you think about it that way you’ll realize these people are kinda sick.

Texas should always be a top ten team with their resources and access to recruits. I do not think they will find things easier in the SEC going forward. So sad.

This is why they have a new coaching staff -- three which were on Alabama's 2020 national title staff. Seems to be a winning formula for a lot of teams anymore -- poach from Saban's staff. Sure makes for more familiarity with the SEC. I'd still be very surprised if they are still in the Big 12 for four more seasons.

Texas, has talent. The question for them is always, will the brass get out of the way and let the coaches do their job without hindrance. It’s why they struggle. They’ve had good coaches there that just haven’t done well. The amount of boosters with pull and money, it wears on, and puts added pressure on the coaches. It’s the only explanation for their struggles. Not every coach they’ve had has sucked, but they struggled at Texas. Mack Brown knew how to work the inner circle of Texas. Outside of him, they’ve been largely disappointing for decades.

Last edited:
This is why they have a new coaching staff -- three which were on Alabama's 2020 national title staff. Seems to be a winning formula for a lot of teams anymore -- poach from Saban's staff. Sure makes for more familiarity with the SEC. I'd still be very surprised if they are still in the Big 12 for four more seasons.
Do you think Sarkisian is an upgrade over Tom Herman? It might just drive Sark to drinking again. I think, had they given TH more time, with less, let’s say stress, he could have done well there. Herman is a strange cat though, so maybe they just didn’t like him. He wasn’t terrible at Texas. 32-18. 4-0 in bowls also.

vs TCU 3-7
vs Bayl 6-5
vs Ok 3-8
vs Ok St 4-7
vs Iowa St 0-2

Like I told someone, they will make TONS more getting beat by Alabama than they would of made by getting beat by TCU.

Last edited:

vs TCU 3-7
vs Bayl 6-5
vs Ok 3-8
vs Ok St 4-7
vs Iowa St 0-2

Here is an interesting one for Nebraska.

Vs Big Ten East since joining the conference
Indiana 1-1
Maryland 2-0
Michigan 2-2
Michigan State 4-2
Ohio State 1-6
Penn State 4-1
Rutgers 4-0

Do you think Sarkisian is an upgrade over Tom Herman? It might just drive Sark to drinking again. I think, had they given TH more time, with less, let’s say stress, he could have done well there. Herman is a strange cat though, so maybe they just didn’t like him. He wasn’t terrible at Texas. 32-18. 4-0 in bowls also.
Sark will implode sooner or later. He is not an improvement. But seeings it is Texas who really cares outside of Austin?

No, might even be a downgrade.

Historically, the UT brass was anti-SEC, and I do not think it was for "show" in case of a negotiations strategy. They fundamentally saw themselves as so far superior academically and otherwise that they historically thought Pac-12 or B1G. The fan base always preferred SEC when these issues came up in the press (over the past 35 years I have been in Texas). But the SEC is a far stronger conference (as aTm & Mizzou have learned). And the SEC could give a flip over Texas' academic pretensions...

Texas could be in for some ugly seasons unless Sark gets things turned around way fast.

I wish we had the mindset to poach from other staffs instead of settling for G5 quality.

Did I say that out loud???

He did a nice job at Washington. Hard to tell at USC. He was always drunk. He doesn’t appear to be an upgrade, but maybe he learned some things from Saban.
He WAS always drunk at UW. His record at UW was barely .500 so with comparing him to Frost he was a smashing success. He had one decent year at 8-4.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back