• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Sack leader

I honestly think it's wide open.

Could be an OLB, which isn't unusual for the 3-4. Could be Stille at DE. Also not unusual. I would are surprised if it's a nose or a DB. The way Chinander brings pressure, you're pretty unlikely to see a single guy dominate the stat unless we get another special player. Might end up with six or seven guys with 4 or 5 sacks a piece and I'd be OK with that.

The coaching staff asked Ben to do an awful lot and I really thought last year he was swimming a little. Hell, he played across the line including the nose on passing downs. The coaching staff kept giving him more and more to do. I disagree with the comment that he doesn't have the athletic dynamism to be a sack leader, as I believe he does. I think when his mind slows down his play will speed up. I expect a breakout season from him, although I'm not saying he will be the definitive sack leader. I think it'll either be JoJo or Tyrin, and that will be more to do with scheme than actually having a true edge rusher.

The coaching staff asked Ben to do an awful lot and I really thought last year he was swimming a little. Hell, he played across the line including the nose on passing downs. The coaching staff kept giving him more and more to do. I disagree with the comment that he doesn't have the athletic dynamism to be a sack leader, as I believe he does. I think when his mind slows down his play will speed up. I expect a breakout season from him, although I'm not saying he will be the definitive sack leader. I think it'll either be JoJo or Tyrin, and that will be more to do with scheme than actually having a true edge rusher.
Agree.... I seem to remember a certain LB named Will Compton who many said was WAY TO SLOW when playing at Nebraska. Strangly he suddenly got fast enough to play 6 years so far in the NFL. With another year in the system, excellent S&C and good coaching I think Ben may have a heck of 2019 season.....

I honestly think it's wide open.

Could be an OLB, which isn't unusual for the 3-4. Could be Stille at DE. Also not unusual. I would are surprised if it's a nose or a DB. The way Chinander brings pressure, you're pretty unlikely to see a single guy dominate the stat unless we get another special player. Might end up with six or seven guys with 4 or 5 sacks a piece and I'd be OK with that.
How about 6 or 7 guys with 8 1/2 to 10 each :Biggrin:

Agree.... I seem to remember a certain LB named Will Compton who many said was WAY TO SLOW when playing at Nebraska. Strangly he suddenly got fast enough to play 6 years so far in the NFL. With another year in the system, excellent S&C and good coaching I think Ben may have a heck of 2019 season.....

True I have a friend who used to go watch practice occasionally when Pelini was HC. He thought Compton was terrible.

We are great friends, but he doesn’t know as much about evaluating talent as he thinks he does.

I think he is a captain with Washington also.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back