• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

S&C ??? Supplements

Native

ToungeInCheek since 2010
Staff member
10 Year Member
Does anybody know what the supplement side of things is for the football team? I think training table is required now, but I was wondering if they use anything beyond that.

My son is wanting to buy pre-workout/post-workout powders and as someone who has just relied on “food” for my nutrition, the whole supplement world for exercise is sorta wild.

Because the wrong things can be harmful, I would check with a sports doctor for general guidance. On that I would not rely upon coaches or other well intentioned people.

Does anybody know what the supplement side of things is for the football team? I think training table is required now, but I was wondering if they use anything beyond that.

My son is wanting to buy pre-workout/post-workout powders and as someone who has just relied on “food” for my nutrition, the whole supplement world for exercise is sorta wild.
Back in the day they used to use creatine. I have no idea what they use now, if anything.

Because the wrong things can be harmful, I would check with a sports doctor for general guidance. On that I would not rely upon coaches or other well intentioned people.
Good point. Over abundance of 'needed' nutrients can be harmful even though its 'natural' in that it doesnt elevate your bodies response into negative things looked for that are too high.
Example,women weight lifters create hormonal imbalances and is why we have allowed limits for certain things,but even so, under those limits through certain things can cause harm.

Guidelines are mostly helpful, mostly

Creatine and moderate amounts of caffeine will work for him as a pre-workout. Chocolate milk or a protein shake and a banana works for post. I usually take a preworkout before I go to the gym and drink a protein shake. Then I'll do a blended smoothie with Greek yogurt, frozen berries, and protein after i workout. The goal is to try to get at least .7g to 1g per lb of bodyweight.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back