• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rutgers - Sweep

I am sorry that I missed both matches this weekend. Here is the Huskers.com summary:

LINCOLN, Neb. - The No. 8 Nebraska volleyball team finished a perfect weekend at home with a dominant 3-0 (25-14, 25-12, 25-13) sweep of Rutgers in front of a crowd of 8,332 at the Bob Devaney Sports Center on Saturday night.

The Huskers improved to 18-6 overall and 9-5 in Big Ten play, while Rutgers fell to 6-21 overall and 0-14 in conference matches. The nation's top defense held Rutgers to a .024 hitting percentage. The Huskers were also sharp offensively, hitting .427, their best mark in Big Ten play this season. Nebraska had 12 blocks and nearly doubled Rutgers in digs, 37-19. The Huskers did double Rutgers in aces, 6-3. Nebraska also had a 41-23 advantage in kills.

Mikaela Foecke had a solid all-around performance with 11 kills on .524 hitting with four blocks, four digs and four aces. Her four aces moved her past Allison Weston for ninth place in NU history with 123 career aces.

Lexi Sun added seven kills on .308 hitting with three blocks, and Callie Schwarzenbach had five kills on .714 hitting with four blocks. Jazz Sweet terminated six times, and Lauren Stivrins had a match-best eight blocks to go with five kills. Stivrins finished the weekend with 18 total blocks after a career-high 10 against Penn State on Friday night.

Nicklin Hames had a double-double for the 10th straight match and 18th time this season with 30 assists and 13 digs, which led all players.

Sahbria McLetchie had eight kills for the Scarlet Knights.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle....83.531320558.1541355467-1380470282.1541355467

Well fudge, the BTN idiots said iowa wendsday was the next husker match.

Last edited:
Foecke led with 11 kills, only husker over 10 (27 RU errors will do that). Sun had a good match hitting .308, Sweet still struggling hitting .062. Davis, Smith, Slaughter again getting some needed court time.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back