• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rutgers Coach Mike Rice

FCHusker

#1 Husker Fan
15 Year Member
I realize this isn't football related, but I was hoping this could stay on the football forum for just one day as it is not getting any looks in the other teams. What are your guys thoughts on this. And what you do you think the BIG is thinking about this? Especially since he is coming to our conference. I am appalled that he hasn't been fired. Seems waaaay worse that anything Mangino or Leach did.
Here is the reference to the story even though I am sure you have seen it:
http://college-basketball.si.com/20...ing-his-players-video/?sct=hp_t2_a2&eref=sihp

And here is the Outside the Lines video:
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9125864

Last edited:

Rice is a despicable human being and should have been immediately fired. If he did this to my kid, I would have a hard time restraining myself. Heck, if he did this to ME, I would have a hard time restraining myself. I've always believed that respect is a two way street. You don't get it unless you're willing to give it.

Guy Needs help....hope he gets it...I'm kind of surprised that none of the kids turned around and punched him in the face after he nailed them in the head with a basketball.

Guy Needs help....hope he gets it...I'm kind of surprised that none of the kids turned around and punched him in the face after he nailed them in the head with a basketball.

My guess is they probably thought that was how D1 basketball coaches coached. After being exposed to that type of behavior for an extended period of time, the players probably didn't think anything of it.

Typical though that this guy was fired only after he was outed on National TV. Should have been fired when the abuse was first noticed. Also, dude needs to relax. I can understand getting riled up in the heat of the moment during a game, but to act that way in practice? I mean, we're talking about practice.

the fact they didn't crucify the guy for his gay slurs is pretty amazing seeing how Rutgers reacted to the Nappy Haired Hos comment...AD needs tossed to

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back