• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Running Back Roulette

Hard to tell if they have breakaway speed when they can’t get past the line of scrimmage
Johnson is the most capable of showing breakaway speed. He was laser-timed in high school at a 4.46, and hand-timed at a 4.37. If he hits a hole and gets some space, he can easily take it the distance. For the rest of our backs, Stepp has run a 4.49 electronic, Morrison runs a 4.52 electronically, and Yant I have no clue, but I want to see him playing because with the way the line is playing, he's going to be the one that can churn out some YAC

A lot of folks forget about Marlon’s pretty damn good career. I believe it was his junior year he ran for over 1000 yards and set a school record for 75 receptions as well. Scott Frost would be slobbering over stats like that today. I don’t care if he was your neighbor and what they did in the pros, dude was a Baller.
Brandon Jackson had a 1000 (-11) yards in half a season (garnered single digit carries in half the games, and didn’t start till mid season) when your battling for carries with a 5* and the likes of Cody Glenn, Kenny Wilson the coaches don’t always see what needs to be seen. Brandon was the best of that bunch and he was followed by Glenn who turn into an all conference LB before ending his career.

But, marlon was one former huskers that was both overrated (out of high school) and underrated ( from Cornhusker fans thinking every 5* needs to win the heisman)….

Your right,Lucky did not do much at the next level, sniffed around with the chargers for a bit. like Sam Keller, who also was a good college player, just not as good as the guy that took his job in joe ganz. Sometimes more than 1 guy can be good… but that’s the good ol days

Who was my neighbor?

Brandon Jackson had a 1000 (-11) yards in half a season (garnered single digit carries in half the games, and didn’t start till mid season) when your battling for carries with a 5* and the likes of Cody Glenn, Kenny Wilson the coaches don’t always see what needs to be seen. Brandon was the best of that bunch and he was followed by Glenn who turn into an all conference LB before ending his career.

But, marlon was one former huskers that was both overrated (out of high school) and underrated ( from Cornhusker fans thinking every 5* needs to win the heisman)….

Your right,Lucky did not do much at the next level, sniffed around with the chargers for a bit. like Sam Keller, who also was a good college player, just not as good as the guy that took his job in joe ganz. Sometimes more than 1 guy can be good… but that’s the good ol days

Who was my neighbor?

Mr. Rogers?

Who was my neighbor?
It was the poster you were responding to that said he was neighbors with Brandon Jackson.

Who was my neighbor?
Lucky had a thousand yard season his Jr year and was hurt most of senior year. Also to my knowledge holds record for most receptions by a back.

Problem with the RB room is that nobody has broken from the pack. Overall PFF scoring at the position separates #1 and #4 by 3 points. Three.

I do think if we actually had blocking up front, a true #1 would emerge. But its kind of tough gutting out yards when two of your linemen are pushed 3 yards into the backfield before the QB puts the ball into the RBs gut.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back