• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

RPI: Nebraska, Big Ten & Others

Purdues RPI and SOS will take a dump once conference play starts.

Unless Nebraska runs the table in and out of conference, I'm fairly certain this once again is a one bid league.

Maybe even worse for both Purdue and Nebraska is they don't play eachother, so that helps neither team!

It's still the first year and no B1G school has even been to Hawks field yet. Nebraska just needs to keep winning and lead by example and hopefully these rich boosters from Ohio St and Michigan that actually like baseball start getting tired of Nebraska pounding them every year (well, hopefully!) and start investing their amples of cash into baseball.

I agree with all the RPI stuff, numbers don't lie and everybody continues to blast that day in and day out...but i don't believe for a second these kids think they "suck" and will always "suck" JMO

Purdue sure does look sharp.

437438.jpg

Link to larger image: Here

Last edited:
Actually, according to the schedule, Purdue and Big Red play in Lincoln this year. The rest of your point still stands though.

04/20/12at Nebraska *
media-icon-tv.gif
Lincoln, Neb.7:30 p.m.
04/21/12at Nebraska *Lincoln, Neb.3:05 p.m.
04/22/12
at Nebraska *Lincoln, Neb.2:05 p.m.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Maybe even worse for both Purdue and Nebraska is they don't play eachother, so that helps neither team!

It's still the first year and no B1G school has even been to Hawks field yet. Nebraska just needs to keep winning and lead by example and hopefully these rich boosters from Ohio St and Michigan that actually like baseball start getting tired of Nebraska pounding them every year (well, hopefully!) and start investing their amples of cash into baseball.

I agree with all the RPI stuff, numbers don't lie and everybody continues to blast that day in and day out...but i don't believe for a second these kids think they "suck" and will always "suck" JMO

I don't think the kids think they suck either. I think the schools think that their baseball teams suck, and will always suck.

Actually, according to the schedule, Purdue and Big Red play in Lincoln this year. The rest of your point still stands though.

04/20/12
at Nebraska *
media-icon-tv.gif

Lincoln, Neb.
7:30 p.m.
04/21/12
at Nebraska *
Lincoln, Neb.
3:05 p.m.
04/22/12
at Nebraska *
Lincoln, Neb.
2:05 p.m.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Whoops, it's Michigan St. we don't play.

04/20/12
at Nebraska *
media-icon-tv.gif

Lincoln, Neb.
7:30 p.m.
04/21/12
at Nebraska *
Lincoln, Neb.
3:05 p.m.
04/22/12
at Nebraska *
Lincoln, Neb.
2:05 p.m.

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

The above starting times are Eastern, not Central. My times come from the GOODNUZ Magazine, and they are: 6:30, 2:05 and 1:05.

Last edited:
CBob and Fromunda. I can read the RPI and SOS rankings. But in your opinions, how good is this NU team? It seems like this squad has more heart with Erstad at the helm.
I guess I would be disappointed if they didn't win the Big 10. I know the opponents haven't been world beaters so far, but they haven't been bad. So what do your instincts say?

My fear has always been that the Big Ten will drag us down to their level. It seems like Erstad is going to fight that, though. No way to know at this point whether or not he will be successful.

5 teams below RPI of 195.

A sixth team at 139 (minnesota)

Horrible conference, just horrible.

Nebraska's RPI at # 70 after the debacle yesterday.

3 Big 10 teams ahead of them, including this weekends opponent, Illinois.

Heading into Big 10 play, an at-large is completely out of the question, it win the conference tourney or stay home for Nebraska.

Last edited:

CBob and Fromunda. I can read the RPI and SOS rankings. But in your opinions, how good is this NU team? It seems like this squad has more heart with Erstad at the helm.
I guess I would be disappointed if they didn't win the Big 10. I know the opponents haven't been world beaters so far, but they haven't been bad. So what do your instincts say?

I want to believe we are very good, but until our pitching comes around with more credibility, it's a crap shoot. Yes, Darin has done a lot for the hitters, but you can't hit all the time, and the pitching is still a little inconsistant.

We will know how good we really are, after playing the top teams in the conference. If we fall to Illinois, then we are overrated. If we beat them, then we should still wait until we play Michigan State, Purdue and Ohio State. It will be up to the staff to keep the confidence up, win or lose.

What I am excited about is our future. Yes, I want to win now, but I am going to wait and see. :popcorn:

I want to believe we are very good, but until our pitching comes around with more credibility, it's a crap shoot. Yes, Darin has done a lot for the hitters, but you can't hit all the time, and the pitching is still a little inconsistant.

We will know how good we really are, after playing the top teams in the conference. If we fall to Illinois, then we are overrated. If we beat them, then we should still wait until we play Michigan State, Purdue and Ohio State. It will be up to the staff to keep the confidence up, win or lose.

What I am excited about is our future. Yes, I want to win now, but I am going to wait and see. :popcorn:

I agree. That's kind of how what I thought. Pitching will be our Achilles heel.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back