• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Royals 2014 World Series

Lost in the shuffle...the winning run scored on a broken-bat blooper to right on an 0-2 upper-90s fastball inside off the plate.

I mean, wow. Couldn't possibly have been closer.

And yes, I'll probably have very frustrating dreams tonight. I guess I can turn full attention back to the Huskers now.

Lost in the shuffle...the winning run scored on a broken-bat blooper to right on an 0-2 upper-90s fastball inside off the plate.

I mean, wow. Couldn't possibly have been closer.

Giants were hitting two strike pitches out of the zone the whole series.

Last thing...how about Alex Gordon tonight. Two huge hits, and nearly the tying run at the end. He really stepped up after a tough postseason.

Next game: April 6 at home vs. the White Sox. Defending AL champions!!

I hope this thread is as entertaining next year. What a year! Enjoyed posting with everyone. See y'all in the football board!

Last thing...how about Alex Gordon tonight. Two huge hits, and nearly the tying run at the end. He really stepped up after a tough postseason.

Next game: April 6 at home vs. the White Sox. Defending AL champions!!

I hope this thread is as entertaining next year. What a year! Enjoyed posting with everyone. See y'all in the football board!

No...I don't want it to end.:cry:

I am taking an extended lunch today to head out to the K and show my appreciation for the team. Love these guys.
Thank You Royals!!

Had to tell the youngest daughter that if history repeats itself she will be 44 the next time the Royals will be in the World Series. Once she got her head around that I went on to tell her the future looked bright and odds were good that they would be back much sooner. Sobering part is that I probably thought the same thing in 1985. Great Season ROYALS!!!!!

Had to tell the youngest daughter that if history repeats itself she will be 44 the next time the Royals will be in the World Series. Once she got her head around that I went on to tell her the future looked bright and odds were good that they would be back much sooner. Sobering part is that I probably thought the same thing in 1985. Great Season ROYALS!!!!!

Will be interesting to see how the Royals work contracts to keep all of these blooming stars around for years to come. Or, will we continue to be the farm team for the Yankees. I think we already know James Shields is gone. Wonder what this roster will look like two years from now.

Will be interesting to see how the Royals work contracts to keep all of these blooming stars around for years to come. Or, will we continue to be the farm team for the Yankees. I think we already know James Shields is gone. Wonder what this roster will look like two years from now.

Good point. Remember how many guys from those teams in the mid 80s went elsewhere?

Last edited:

This team has not won a division in 30 years! Lets get that Tigers monkey off the back, and get back next year and see what can happen!!!

May 28th this team was 24-28 and in last place, Moose was sent down with a .152 BA and it looked to be shaping up as another disappointing season, if someone would have said then that this team would be in a WS Game 7, I would have laughed it off! It's been a remarkable season, and for that I thank this team for never giving up and the heart they showed in the playoffs, It still sucks they were so close and didn't win it all, it's something to build on.

Now lets see what Glass can do, it's the offseason. I would like to see them resign Davis, make a run at Lester (If I had my choice of Lester or Shields, I think I'd take Lester), and find someone to replace Billy at DH, Love the guy but if you are going to be a DH Only you need to be better than 9 HR and 66 RBI's, especially if you want to call yourself a contender!!!

LET"S GO ROYALS!!!!!!

Good point. Remember how many guys from those teams in the mid 80s went elsewhere?

It's quite a bit different era now. And Kauffman was well-known for opening up his wallet freely. Sometimes even overspending (Storm Davis, comes to mind). The past 20-25 years, KC has always been known to let 80-90% of their best players go elsewhere. But usually that's been no more than a couple of players at a time that were worthy anyhow. KC is as loaded with quality, MLB-ready, young talent as its ever been.

This team has not won a division in 30 years! Lets get that Tigers monkey off the back, and get back next year and see what can happen!!!

May 28th this team was 24-28 and in last place, Moose was sent down with a .152 BA and it looked to be shaping up as another disappointing season, if someone would have said then that this team would be in a WS Game 7, I would have laughed it off! It's been a remarkable season, and for that I thank this team for never giving up and the heart they showed in the playoffs, It still sucks they were so close and didn't win it all, it's something to build on.

Now lets see what Glass can do, it's the offseason. I would like to see them resign Davis, make a run at Lester (If I had my choice of Lester or Shields, I think I'd take Lester), and find someone to replace Billy at DH, Love the guy but if you are going to be a DH Only you need to be better than 9 HR and 66 RBI's, especially if you want to call yourself a contender!!!

LET"S GO ROYALS!!!!!!

I would be absolutely shocked if the Royals signed Lester. And very surprised if Shields was back. In order to keep the young core together as long as possible, these high-priced veterans are not going to be on the roster next season. No way with Lester (though I'd love to have him).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back