• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Royals 2014 World Series

Just got back from the Royals Celebration at the K. About 5000 were there to show their appreciation. Players and Ned said they were still trying to get over the loss and the only thing getting out of bed today was coming to the K and thank the fans.

Billy got pretty choked up. He was feeling the love. The crowd was chanting BILLY BUTLER. Pretty cool stuff and he probably knows his time as a Royal may be iffy.

Here are some shots I took and a couple videos...

http://s670.photobucket.com/user/bigrediggy/library/Royals 2014 Celebration

Thanks Iggy

Byrd was considered the best value according to a site I was looking at. Went through many so not sure which one.

Bonifacio is expected to contribute to the Royals in 2015 but I am not sure he is ready for the beginning. Poor batting average and a lot of K's.

Do we just let Gordon, Dyson and Cain play most of the starts?

Defensively, I love Gordon Dyson Cain OF and obviously Dyson is a threat on the base paths, him getting on base is the problem.

Defensively, I love Gordon Dyson Cain OF and obviously Dyson is a threat on the base paths, him getting on base is the problem.

Yes, but his batting average really wasn't that bad this season...especially compared to other "big" bats. He hit .269 but lacks the plate discipline that a hitter of his ability needs. He should be a contact hitter and working counts. Too often he is overswinging and often to bad pitches. If he just tried to put the ball into play he could use his speed to pressure the defense.

Just came on to say, your Royals are a great team. Of course, I am thrilled over my Giants' 3rd WS in 5 years! :)

Best of luck next year. Hopefully, we shall both meet. Your Royals, definitely, are a scary team to face!

:)

Wonder if we'll ever see Bubba Starling or if he will ever amount to anything.

Don't hold your breath waiting for Bubba Starling. I've seen him play in the minors. The guy can't hit. Great athlete. Fields his position perfectly. Can't hit. The minors seem to be full of players fitting that description. 4 years into professional baseball, he shows little improvement. It will be interesting to see what the Royals do with him. I wouldn't be surprised if he's released near the end of Spring training.

Don't hold your breath waiting for Bubba Starling. I've seen him play in the minors. The guy can't hit. Great athlete. Fields his position perfectly. Can't hit. The minors seem to be full of players fitting that description. 4 years into professional baseball, he shows little improvement. It will be interesting to see what the Royals do with him. I wouldn't be surprised if he's released near the end of Spring training.

I don't think they will release/cut him, I wouldn't be surprised if he's a "throw in" as part of a deal. Pretty positive, though, he will never wear a Royals uniform.

I saw something in the Star (I think) about this too. It's cool that he out and about with fans! With Shields gone, even if by miracle he signed back, Ventura will be the ace of this staff next year. 23 years old and he acts like a veteran on the mound. I would love to buy a Ventura jersey, but it would jinx him.

I don't think there is any question that next year Ventura is the ace barring injury. His off speed stuff is getting better to go along with that obscene fastball.

http://mlb.com/news/article/kc/royals-decline-billy-butlers-2015-option-for-125-million-but-want-him-back?ymd=20141101&content_id=100281552&vkey=news_kc

As expected. Billy seems to be hinting that he wants a multi year contract around $8-10M per year...tough to commit to that after his off year this year. I would really hate to see him go.

http://mlb.com/news/article/kc/royals-decline-billy-butlers-2015-option-for-125-million-but-want-him-back?ymd=20141101&content_id=100281552&vkey=news_kc

As expected. Billy seems to be hinting that he wants a multi year contract around $8-10M per year...tough to commit to that after his off year this year. I would really hate to see him go.

Billy's best season 2012, he put up 29 HR, 107 RBI and had a slash of .313/.373/.510, and that is what you should expect year-in and year-out from a DH Only player. He has produced nothing near that, no way does anyone offer him the 8-10mil he is looking for. I bet, unless Seattle is dumb because supposedly they've always valued him and want him, he gets in the range of 3 years and 6-8 per.

Wouldn't mind him being with the Royals, as long as it's at a discount and if multi-years, no more than 3.

In other news, the Royals pick up Wade Davis' $7M option, and extend a qualifying $15.3M one-year offer to Shields (which he will in all likelihood decline, looking for a big, big multi year contract).

http://mlb.com/news/article/kc/star-royals-reliever-wade-davis-has-7-million-option-picked-up?ymd=20141103&content_id=100423238&vkey=news_kc

http://mlb.com/news/article/kc/royals-extend-qualifying-offer-to-pitcher-james-shields?ymd=20141103&content_id=100415132&vkey=news_kc

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back