• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Roy Hodgson set to be named England manager after FA makes its move

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Told you it would not be Harry Redknapp.........FWIW I think this is a really good choice...he has former international experience and is a great fit for the position....the players may not like it but its time they realize they don't run the national team and with this guy that will be driven home in no uncertain terms...

I know Clint Dempsey loved him at Fulham......he has a reputation of coaching good players and making them great...

As England is my second team and my second country (mom being English) I'm glad to see and Englishman in charge again too...

Roy Hodgson is set to be named as England's new manager after the Football Association opted against making an approach for Harry Redknapp and was granted permission to talk to the West Bromwich Albion head coach.

Formal talks will take place between Hodgson and the FA chairman, David Bernstein, on Monday, with the former Internazionale, Fulham and, briefly, Liverpool manager having expressed a desire to take up the reins with the national side. Although Redknapp, the Tottenham Hotspur manager, had initially appeared to be favourite to fill the position vacated by Fabio Capello in February, the FA said on Sunday night that no other candidates had been approached and Hodgson's was the only name on their shortlist, with negotiations over his contract expected to prove straightforward.

The 64-year-old would complete the season at The Hawthorns before turning his attentions to England ahead of Euro 2012, though the FA is understood to consider him very much a long-term appointment with the World Cup in Brazil in 2014 in mind.

Tons more here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/apr/29/roy-hodgson-england-fa

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back