• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Roster Talent

CornMan

Recruit
2 Year Member
Not sure if we're allowed to talk about articles from other websites but Rivals posted something today that I found very interesting.

Of the past 4 recruiting classes (not counting the current true freshman class), Rivals re-ranked where Nebraska's classes would have been if you removed the recruits that transferred out or never made it to campus. Our average recruiting re-ranking of those four classes would be 13th in the Big Ten and about 80th overall in the country.

I know everyone wants to point to execution and coaching and all that, but these numbers are hard to ignore.

Last edited:

Not sure if we're allowed to talk about articles from other websites but Rivals posted something today that I found very interesting.

Of the past 4 recruiting classes (not counting the current true freshman class), Rivals re-ranked where Nebraska's classes would have been if you removed the recruits that transferred out or never made it to campus. Our average recruiting re-ranking of those four classes would be 13th in the Big Ten and about 80th overall in the country.

I know everyone wants to point to execution and coaching and all that, but these numbers are hard to ignore.

They are.

Some of that is the cost of changing coaching staffs and a bill we talked about having to pay. I can say that I’m surprised at just how much attrition there has been and it simply cannot be overlooked.

Yeah, that's a pretty staggering metric. I think I've seen that somewhere around 50% of a recruiting class ends up contributing on the field. When 50% of your class is leaving campus entirely, you are really behind the old 8-ball.

Yeah, that's a pretty staggering metric. I think I've seen that somewhere around 50% of a recruiting class ends up contributing on the field. When 50% of your class is leaving campus entirely, you are really behind the old 8-ball.

Yeah. Now a valid criticism is the overall poor job the staff has done with the young guys who stayed.

agree, the impact has been significant but the average ranking was done on total points and not average star rating; we are significantly being impacted by having less than 20 players left per class

If it had been done on average star our ranking would have been closer to 6 or 7, for players still enrolled from those classes

Recruiting is the key.

Yeah I knew the situation wasn't great but 80th in the country over 4 recruiting classes is not good.

agree, the impact has been significant but the average ranking was done on total points and not average star rating; we are significantly being impacted by having less than 20 players left per class

If it had been done on average star our ranking would have been closer to 6 or 7, for players still enrolled from those classes
Great point but there's a reason recruiting websites don't rank teams on average star power

Ya, but they only did ours. They didn't take into account other people losing guys. A better metric is who is still on the team, not what classes ended up being. Everyone's classes dip after 4 years look back. That metric is bogus.

Use this:

Last edited:
Ya, but they only did ours. They didn't take into account other people losing guys. A better metric is who is still on the team, not what classes ended up being. Everyone's classes dip after 4 years look back. Use this:

Can you look at those rankings without the 2019 class?

I’m assuming this takes into account other school’s failed to show and transferred recruits also.

Edit: *** beat me to it. I guess it takes me 3 minutes to type/thumb a sentence. I need to focus on MY execution. (Yeah, I know, you're in favor of it).

Last edited:

Ya, but they only did ours. They didn't take into account other people losing guys. A better metric is who is still on the team, not what classes ended up being. Everyone's classes dip after 4 years look back. That metric is bogus.

Use this:

The remember that when Scott's S&C crew started with 80%(correction) the strength of the conditioning program they used at UCF then ended up putting some of DONU guys in the hospital, that's how deconditioned the players this ranking is describing were.

The mountain to be climbed is very high ("Ski Nebraska :) ).

Last edited:

Use this:

In that link Nebraska is 24, and the only school in the top 26 without at least 1 5-star.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back