• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ron Brown Moves To Senior Offensive Analyst Role

Good move. Everything he has had his hand in has been successful. Perhaps not in the overall W-L record, but in the individual positions performance and the character development. Hard to not like him at PSU.....or his relationship with AA. Not to mention, as others have, his impact on the program overall...Dude is solid.

I don't know. All I know is that every position group he's ever coached has performed well. I don't know if that will translate into an analyst position, but he clearly sees and corrects things that other coaches miss.

Are you opposed to another set of experienced, successful eyes on things?
I'm opposed to having to use him for the things you described. Id like think we are hiring an offensive analyst to study the upcoming opponent's defense and defensive coaches tendencies to assist with game planning to find weaknesses and opportunities rather than evaluating player effort and blocking skills.

I'm opposed to having to use him for the things you described. Id like think we are hiring an offensive analyst to study the upcoming opponent's defense and defensive coaches tendencies to assist with game planning to find weaknesses and opportunities rather than evaluating player effort and blocking skills.
I guess it's six of one, half dozen of another. The coaches we have can do the things you describe as well. I'm not sure how they'll use Brown, and I'm not really worried about it. However he can help as an analyst should be welcome.

Anyone see a difference between Ron Brown/Bobby Maffei and Butch Jones/Charlie Strong.

Can he do anything with special teams? I'm still very concerned about that part of the game and I don't remember anything being discussed yet. Has the team said anything yet on what the approach will be?

I wonder if this is an opportunity for Brown to coach the coaches a little bit. He can probably quickly recognize things like a player not giving effort at times, how to get receivers to consistently block downfield, etc. Little things can turn moderate gains into big gains on offense.

In this context he'd be the coach whisperer, where every time they made a mistake Brown would give a quick poke to the neck and give a shush.

It is one step better than hiring a witch doctor...

It's an absolute shame that we have to go back so far to try to correct the mistakes we've made but maybe before we can exploit opponents defensive tendencies we need to understand where we stand with player effort and blocking skills.... the evidence is damning.
Anything Ron Brown agrees to help with is good by me, the man can coach and we need help.

Good move here by HCSF IMPO,. Wonder if we will see more of a ground game with him in that position. Maybe the tide is turning a little in that direction

I think a lot of people on here appreciate what Ron Brown has done for us in the past. He hasn't coached since the 2017 season and never an offense similar to what SF is running. I'm not as confident as many on here that he is the answer. I suspect fans are grasping at any reason to think our offense can be fixed with an analyst hiring. All I can say is if a former player development guy can come in and have a large impact on a broken offense we need to really question the full time offensive coordinator and head coach.

I find it kind of puzzling that a proven position coach (who has demonstrated his ability by his players’ results on the field) is in an analyst role while we keep underwhelming position coaches (based on their players’ lack of results/improvement) in actual coaching positions.

But I’m just a fan with no formal expertise in running a football program.

I find it kind of puzzling that a proven position coach (who has demonstrated his ability by his players’ results on the field) is in an analyst role while we keep underwhelming position coaches (based on their players’ lack of results/improvement) in actual coaching positions.

But I’m just a fan with no formal expertise in running a football program.

I'm guessing Brown's done coaching of his own volition.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back