• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rogue 1 new trailer

Star-Trek-Star-Wars.jpg

2 new SW movies and women the hero in both. I've noticed an they are a bit overdoing the making up for lack of leading female roles in the old movies. I've read the the first 7 of 9 new SW books(i'm on the 8th) and I think all but one has a woman as the lead or co-lead. I'm all for making it more balanced and even going a bit more than realistic on this issue, but IMO this has been a bit much. Just a side thought from your friendly liberal. :)

Yet there will still never be a line at the ladies' room at any showing of this movie.:Banana:

2 new SW movies and women the hero in both. I've noticed an they are a bit overdoing the making up for lack of leading female roles in the old movies. I've read the the first 7 of 9 new SW books(i'm on the 8th) and I think all but one has a woman as the lead or co-lead. I'm all for making it more balanced and even going a bit more than realistic on this issue, but IMO this has been a bit much. Just a side thought from your friendly liberal. :)

Full disclosure/quasi-hater alert: I grew up on the originals (Episodes 4-6) and still love them. However, I think they've since failed to put lightning back in the bottle.

What I learned from this post is that CB realizes that 8 comes after 7 and before 9. Well done.

What I learned from this post is that CB realizes that 8 comes after 7 and before 9. Well done.

And what you have reminded us all is that your trying too hard leads to fail.

My specifics on that I hadn't finished the 8th book was to avoid some gotcha trap that is known to be set from time to time around these parts. But I get it...it's Friday...you're bored and/or anxious and you couldn't keep the troll in. :)

And what you have reminded us all is that your trying too hard leads to fail.

My specifics on that I hadn't finished the 8th book was to avoid some gotcha trap that is known to be set from time to time around these parts. But I get it...it's Friday...you're bored and/or anxious and you couldn't keep the troll in. :)

What I learned from this post is you take yourself way to seriously and lack a sense of humor. Well done.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back