• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Roby Declaring For The NBA Draft While Keeping His College Elgibility For Now

HuskerOnline article link...
Though it's been expected for some time that Isaiah Roby would keep his name in the 2019 NBA Draft pool, the standout Nebraska forward finally made the decision official at the early entrant withdrawal deadline on Wednesday.

"My main thing was I wanted to get as much information as possible on both sides, and as the process went on, I felt really good about the information and the feedback I was getting," Roby told HuskerOnline.com. "Going back to school and improving my stats was definitely something I was looking at, but at the end of the day, a lot of teams have said I've done a lot for myself in the pre-draft process, so I feel really good about it."

Roby said new NU head coach Fred Hoiberg was completely supportive of him every step of the way through the process, even when he broke the news that he wouldn't be coming back for his senior season.

"He's been great," Roby said. "I told him, and he said he totally understands and he kind of quickly talked about his experiences. He told me to enjoy it and that it was going to be one of the best times of your life. He was excited for me and said if there was anything he could do to help, he'd be glad to do it."

Last edited:
A bit of an uphill battle for the young man, the last player drafted out of Neb. - Venson Hamilton - 1999 - 20 years ago!

I hope the fact that he looks like he is 14 yo doesn't affect how teams view him. Good luck Mr Roby!
Why would it?
It must have been this old pic he was looking at in this tweet from a story Robin Washut did in 2014.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back