• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Roby Declaring For The NBA Draft While Keeping His College Elgibility For Now

You don't think a team will do enough due diligence of their first or second round pick to find these things out?
As I said, it only takes one. It only takes one to fall in love with the highlights. It would take a truly deep dive to understand this player as a whole.

As I said, it only takes one. It only takes one to fall in love with the highlights. It would take a truly deep dive to understand this player as a whole.

I think every one would at least look at all his game stats. It all depends on how deep the draft is, but each and every team will do enough research to know how he compares to all the other first 2 round prospects.

I think every one would at least look at all his game stats. It all depends on how deep the draft is, but each and every team will do enough research to know how he compares to all the other first 2 round prospects.
Yes, I believe they will. I’m not sure where his statistics rank vs the rest of the combine but they will not match what some team will believe they can get out of him after watching him work out. Even if he doesn’t get drafted, he’ll be asked to sign and go to the developmental league. I believe he’s already emotionally disconnected from the college game and will grab any opportunity to play professionally. Too bad for us and maybe for him. Hoiberg could help him develop and he’d have a better chance at success in the draft and the NBA after a year with Fred. Hope I’m wrong and he stays so we find out.

Last edited:

Nothing about roby says "NBA" to me. So far. He's an ok shooter. Year he is incredibly athletic. And? 6'7" and incredibly athletic is a dime a dozen. Maybe there's a lion in there that's dying to get out...but all we've seen from roby is a fluffy little kitty so far.
Agreed. Yes, I realize some on this board think that he is a NBA-quality talent. And he has shown some brief flashes of brilliance. But they have been very brief. I would be extremely surprised if a NBA team decides he is a 1st or 2nd round talent.

Agreed. Yes, I realize some on this board think that he is a NBA-quality talent. And he has shown some brief flashes of brilliance. But they have been very brief. I would be extremely surprised if a NBA team decides he is a 1st or 2nd round talent.
I don't think there's any way he is coming back. He doesn't have an academic interest, and while it might be good for him, I'm not sure he wants to build new relationships and all the effort that goes into that at Nebraska if he can do it for money. I'm just afraid for him that means Turkey or Italy, because he hasn't shown consistency in his game.

As an aside, I was really looking forward to Roby's senior year when he would be able to lead and take the responsibility on himself for the team. He was always in someone else's shadow, kind of like Tai Webster. Tai wouldn't have become the leader he did without that senior year.

Last edited:
Nothing about roby says "NBA" to me. So far. He's an ok shooter. Year he is incredibly athletic. And? 6'7" and incredibly athletic is a dime a dozen. Maybe there's a lion in there that's dying to get out...but all we've seen from roby is a fluffy little kitty so far.
Have to agree. I think he has the athletic potential to play in the NBA but needs a killer instinct drilled into his head.

Not to pour it on to Miles as I still think he is a great defensive coach, but his teams were not mentally tough.

Its just another reason Roby needs to stay another year and work with an NBA experienced coach. If Hoiberg can't bring the mental game to Roby, maybe he would be better off in Europe.

Not to mention improving that outside shooting stroke.

vo52domsttw21.jpg

If I were a betting man, I would bet that hes friends with his teammates who are telling him that coach FB is telling a lot of them they lost their spot on the team.
not going sit well with IR. Id bet he wont be back.

If I were a betting man, I would bet that hes friends with his teammates who are telling him that coach FB is telling a lot of them they lost their spot on the team.

Coach Fullback musta really let ‘em have it...

Hoiberg had been counseling Roby weeks ago before his decision. Not gonna be a factor. He didn’t lose his spot if he wants to return. Likely won’t anyway.

There are a half dozen reasons he might not be back, and zero have to do with teammates being told to move on.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back