• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Roby and other underclassmen available for the NBA draft.

ColoREDo

REDo posts matter!!!
10 Year Member
There are currently 175 underclassmen who made themselves available for the NBA draft...for 60 draft slots.

Of course they can also go the free agent route but not sure that would be cost effective for many of them.

Also, how does one gauge where they would go in the draft as an underclassman since there are still players declaring themselves eligible for the draft?

There are currently 175 underclassmen who made themselves available for the NBA draft...for 60 draft slots.

Of course they can also go the free agent route but not sure that would be cost effective for many of them.

Also, how does one gauge where they would go in the draft as an underclassman since there are still players declaring themselves eligible for the draft?

Wow.

I remember when declaring early was odd. 175 is unreal. I guess a kid who plays four years and gets drafted is now the oddity.

There are 300 Div I Basketball teams, made up of 13 scholarship players - so 175 of 3900 may not be so out of whack when you consider that Nebraska had 3 players declare for the draft last off-season. All came back, obviously. I hope it's mostly exploratory.

Wow.

I remember when declaring early was odd. 175 is unreal. I guess a kid who plays four years and gets drafted is now the oddity.

I don't care enough to look, but I think you are right that drafted players normally don't complete their college eligibility.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back