• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Robert Morris transfer guard, Dachon Burke, 6'4", 180, is N

Yeah i think bob’s comparison is worthwhile because Robert Morris? (Who the hell is that) doesn’t exactly play in the acc. I hope he works with our strength and conditioning and transfroms into captain america. That’d be cool. Highly doubtful he puts up the same numbers

As always, let me preface my take with mentioning that I’m not a scout so I can’t drop the IMPO line, but...

His scoring will translate to this level. For one, you don’t put up those numbers in any Division 1 conference without a good offensive skill-set. Secondly, I skimmed through a few of his games (non-highlights), he’s 100% gamed in what I seen. He’s the focal point of the defensive scout and he’s still putting up those numbers. Plus, he’s a Sophomore. I don’t think Evan or Anton put up even close to those numbers on that team as seniors. He can play.

He’s very good on the dribble-drive. Think Tai Webster. I’m sure he got plenty of video of Miles’ guards attacking the rack on his visit. It’s a good match.

If you can get to the point talent wise where he’s the third option offensively, you will be formidable. He’s not a Batman, but he’s a Robin on just a mediocre team. If he’s Alfred, even better.

Official:

If this is the way that this team gets talent, it's going to be even tougher on my nerves...

As always, let me preface my take with mentioning that I’m not a scout so I can’t drop the IMPO line, but...

His scoring will translate to this level. For one, you don’t put up those numbers in any Division 1 conference without a good offensive skill-set. Secondly, I skimmed through a few of his games (non-highlights), he’s 100% gamed in what I seen. He’s the focal point of the defensive scout and he’s still putting up those numbers. Plus, he’s a Sophomore. I don’t think Evan or Anton put up even close to those numbers on that team as seniors. He can play.

He’s very good on the dribble-drive. Think Tai Webster. I’m sure he got plenty of video of Miles’ guards attacking the rack on his visit. It’s a good match.

If you can get to the point talent wise where he’s the third option offensively, you will be formidable. He’s not a Batman, but he’s a Robin on just a mediocre team. If he’s Alfred, even better.

Good post, there is some good reason for optimism here. Ability to score typically translates, although we might see a pretty fair regression at the onset. Should be fun to watch though.

I had to chuckle a bit tonight though when I heard this news on Sports Nightly while driving home ... the comment alluded to Burke's mandatory yearlong sit being a bonus, in this situation, because it will allow him to adjust to basketball "at the D1 level" during 2018-19. Oops ... pretty sure that train of thought was headed elsewhere before derailleur.

HUSKER MEN’S HOOPS
Burke putting in work, learning patience as he settles in with Huskers

"Everybody is one. Coming here, I thought it would take some time for me (to fit in) because everybody has different games," Burke said. "But it's like I've been playing with them for years.

"And the chemistry — we're all making plays for each other, clapping up for each other. It's a different level and a different type of feel."

https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...cle_eac2dc69-2195-51cc-9ecb-5e6cb698b9cd.html

I too am not an expert scout. I dont want to be the wet blanket here, but I always have this driving question. I know that 2018-19 will be a great season and we will have lots of fun. Who's going to be on the team in 2019-20? Maybe just this Burke kid, and some filler. How do we measure Miles' test for longevity? I have said that he will need to do a miracle in recruiting to field a team in 2019-20. I hope I am wrong and I am asking to be taught something by one of you who know better than me. How does Miles last past the end of 2019-20?

I too am not an expert scout. I dont want to be the wet blanket here, but I always have this driving question. I know that 2018-19 will be a great season and we will have lots of fun. Who's going to be on the team in 2019-20? Maybe just this Burke kid, and some filler. How do we measure Miles' test for longevity? I have said that he will need to do a miracle in recruiting to field a team in 2019-20. I hope I am wrong and I am asking to be taught something by one of you who know better than me. How does Miles last past the end of 2019-20?
They will hope that Thomas Allen, Jordy and maybe Roby(?) will still be around to play with Burke. Maybe one of the freshmen will be showing up strong by then. Heard that both Amir Harris and Brady Heiman are good enough to play in the rotation this year. Hope springs eternal.

Roby, Jordy, Allen, Harris, Burke, Thor, Hiemann, and Nana....on paper anyway. Roby has a chance at leaving early and of course there will be attrition. Hopefully, recruiting will improve with a good season and some positive publicity.

I have concerns about that, too. Let’s say that Tim does the unthinkable and wins an NCAA tourney game with this group though. Really, at that point you have to lock him down long term.

Yikes! This thread is awfully quiet, I wonder what Moos is thinking?
"Football is going well, I have just hired a coach who hasn't lost a game in a year. Today he gets to talk to the Big Ten press at noon. Delany talks right before him, hope he doesn't have any more crazy ideas. I wonder if there will be food?"

You must be new to the basketball forum.
I was thinking that the quiet meant that everyone agrees that Miles likely wont keep his job even if he wins a tourney game. That is what I was conjecting. If he does not show that there will be a good team in 2019-20 then he will be gone.

I was thinking that the quiet meant that everyone agrees that Miles likely wont keep his job even if he wins a tourney game. That is what I was conjecting. If he does not show that there will be a good team in 2019-20 then he will be gone.
I think that if he doesn't have a good team this year he'll be gone. There's no way you have 3 people put in for draft evaluation (even in the days of 21 round professional basketball draft in the sixties, I don't think there has ever been 3 potential draftees in a year (King, Farmer, Piatkowski, but not being considered at the same time).

I'm not going to call it an embarrassment of riches, but Miles has been able to get good players, and has enough of them now. If they don't have a really good season, there will be little point in letting Miles guide the rebuilding that may have to happen in 2019-2020.

Last edited:
This room isn't very active...ever. Maybe its because the Huskers have never really been good at basketball. Not sure.

I get nervous when I have the most recent comment on more than two recent threads. :( I'm always nearly posting some obscure article or tweet, but I think no one is gonna care. I don't have a connection to the basketball program beyond when I was at UNL. So I look for what I can find, but at the end of the day I'm just a huge fan hungering for information.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back