• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Robbers Cave, Blueblood Brewery, Pep Band

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Dead Redemption

Baba Yaga
10 Year Member
On friday nights before home games, the Cornhusker Pep Band travels to various locations and plays songs to entertain the crowds. I know for years they played at Misty's, and at Grandmother's, maybe other places. Their newest location is a new brewery/restaurant that opened this year, Blueblood Brewing Company, located on top of "Robbers Cave"

http://bluebloodbrewing.com

Back in the day, Robbers Cave was a popular party location in Lincoln. Went there a few times myself. It was sealed off in the 90's, but the new owners renovated it and opened it back up for tours.

If you're looking for good food and good fun with the Pep Band, go there on Friday nights. The band performs at 8:30 and 9:30 on the floor of the brewery amongst the vats. The open the bay doors to the delivery area and driveway for a tailgate atmosphere, with beer and brats. I went before the Purdue game and had a great time, and it gets you pumped up for the game!!! GBR!!

Last edited:

Thanks for posting, RDR. I am a little biased, as my daughter is in the "Blueblood band", but that is a great way to spend a Friday night. The band plays sets at 8:30 and 9:30. The second set is a little more rambunctious. The students are on the ground level (with a few brave older folks mixed in), and everyone else can sit or stand on the second level, looking down at the scenes depicted in the video, but not mashed in with the masses. Fun to watch the students go nuts, the band can really play, and it sets the mood for the next day. Just another great part of living in a college town, especially this one!

If you've never experienced it, I encourage you to attend. If you have some Husker game first-timers trying to take in the experience, it's a must see. FYI, the Misty's band still plays at the Havelock Mistys (the kids in the tuxes with red ties in the videos had already played at Misty's and were in the crowd for the Blueblood band).

I living in Lincoln from 1983 thru 1992 but I didn't pay attention for Robbers cave. Never seen it at all. Passed by almost everyday from downtown (my job) or Pioneer golf course to Cripple Creek neighborhood (my house) via 9th street/highway2. Anyway, natural or man-made cave? How big? Any pictures?

Last edited:
Great Vids RDR! Thanks for posting. I was in Lincoln for the Ducks game and stumbled into BlueBlood Friday night with my Sis. Had no idea why in the heck there was a golf cart in the overflow parking lot to pick us up. We opened the door and the band started playing. Truly a great experience.

As a kid in Lincoln it was a Rite of Passage as a Cub Scout to go to Robber's Cave. I recall being sure I would be left bloodless in the cave when the bats had finished with me. They do give tours now, schedule on the website.

And as a West Coast Hophead I was very impressed with their beer offerings as well! :Cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back