• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Roasted chicken and more.

FLAinCALI

Amazingly Humble
10 Year Member
Ok so this really isn't a recipe more of a ritual. It works out really well for us and allows us to quickly fix up a number of different dishes.

Once a month we roast up 2 chickens. Very simple salt, pepper, olive oil, stuffed with onions. We also roast up veg, mostly things we have laying around on the edge but some of it is fresh. Carrots, celery, sweet potatoes, onions, garlic, etc.

After the chickens are roasted I carve them up and vacuum seal them up in different portion sizes, create stock with the bones, gravy with the drippings, puree up the roasted veg. From this we can make about a dozen meals through out the month.

I have found that adding the puree to chili adds a nice background flavor. I also like to add chopped grilled skirt stake to the heated puree.

The chicken can be used loads of different ways and helps put together a quick meal in no time flat.

We use the $9 chickens from Costco...that is 4.50 a bird so you can get a bunch of great meals for pretty cheap.

I love the vacuum sealer...anyway that is how I spend my morning...prepping some meals for the next couple weeks.

Pretty much how i do it, except havnt tried the roasted veg. Just finished off a pot of chicken noodle soup.

Pretty much how i do it, except havnt tried the roasted veg. Just finished off a pot of chicken noodle soup.

Yup and it makes your house smell good...so many benefits and things you can do with chicken.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back