• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Rivals ranks Sade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
A 5.4.....2**.....LOL....these guys have no clue how to rank a kicker....this kid is acknowledged, across the board, as one of the top two or three kickers in the country....

I heard one of their "experts", on the radio a few weeks back, who admitted they didn't really have a clue how to rate kickers....when Nik committed to us....

Hey if he kicks like we expect him to....who cares....:Biggrin:

Raleigh, N.C. kicker Niklas Sade - considered one of the nation’s best high school all-around kicking talents.

Sade is ranked the nation’s No. 2 kicker prospect by professional kicking instructor Chris Sailer, a former two-time All-American punter and kicker at UCLA. Sailer’s top prospect, Andre Heidari, also had an offer from NU, but has committed to USC.

http://nebraska.statepaper.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2010/06/30/4c2bcc262f398

Yeah I know....because as the fellow admitted on the radio, they don't have an expert who can really rate kickers....

Agree they shouldn't count...few schools give scholarships to kickers anyway....thus through no fault of his own, he brings the over-all Nebraska "ranking" down....

They never rate a kicker higher than a 3* 5.5....kickers should not even count in the rankings or average star.

Last edited:
I honestly have gotten to the point that I do not care at all who we recruit and what they are "rated" ...our staff is so good at developing talent for the system they run it doesnt matter who they bring in..as long as the kid is coachable its all good

I honestly have gotten to the point that I do not care at all who we recruit and what they are "rated" ...our staff is so good at developing talent for the system they run it doesnt matter who they bring in..as long as the kid is coachable its all good

Correct on all points....just that kickers are hard to rate and most are walk-ons and then get a schollie if they prove themselves.

A 5.4.....2**.....LOL....these guys have no clue how to rank a kicker....this kid is acknowledged, across the board, as one of the top two or three kickers in the country....

I heard one of their "experts", on the radio a few weeks back, who admitted they didn't really have a clue how to rate kickers....when Nik committed to us....

Hey if he kicks like we expect him to....who cares....:D

http://nebraska.statepaper.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2010/06/30/4c2bcc262f398

You are wise in your ways! Maybe the best Red statement of the year! And trust me there have been many great ones! Somebody tell me what Alex Henerys "*" ranking was when he came to "Kicker U?" Heck what was Kris and Josh Browns star rating for that matter!

You are wise in your ways! Maybe the best Red statement of the year! And trust me there have been many great ones! Somebody tell me what Alex Henerys "*" ranking was when he came to "Kicker U?" Heck what was Kris and Josh Browns star rating for that matter!
While I agree with you... Kris and Josh were schollie recipients out of high school. That alone makes them elite...

Maybe it is a good sign when a team feels comfortable enough to offer one to a kicker... says they have most of the rest of their needs met and have found a kicker they believe it.

Yes, we have had some schollie guys be marginal kickers; but in general when we give one a scholarship I would bet they tend to pan out.

I'd be stunned, shocked, and tickled with joy if anyone could find a 4* kicker in Rival's database.
They just don't do it. He knows he's a stud. We know he's a stud.
I chalk him up as a success of the class.

Far as I know they have never rated a guy higher than a 3***.......agree with the rest.....well said....:)

I'd be stunned, shocked, and tickled with joy if anyone could find a 4* kicker in Rival's database.

I totally agree with the premise of your post.

That said, I couldn't resist the challenge and think I found someone - Sebastian Janikowski. Not sure how to look it up to verify, but I think he might have been 4 stars. :)

I totally agree with the premise of your post.

That said, I couldn't resist the challenge and think I found someone - Sebastian Janikowski. Not sure how to look it up to verify, but I think he might have been 4 stars. :)

Well, I went to Rivals to see if I could find anything... But their earliest listed class was 2002. :(

What value do you attach to a place kicker? Look at what Alex Henery has done for our program. I doubt anyone on our board would rate him at anything less than 4*. I don't pretend to understand how this rating stuff works. I do know a good kicker is invaluable. We're kind of spoiled at Nebraska. I don't remember a bad kicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back