• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Rivals drops Aaron Green in its rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

I feel bad for Aaron, as he has to put some stock in these rankings... .

And how would you be privy to this inside info?? He is a pretty solid kid who hasnt got into the hype of being recruited like many others, i imagine he could care less about the silly rankings.

Just proves how silly the ranking are at rivals and scout. Ask Boise St and TCU.

I think the rankings are about as relevant as the BCS :) :) and picked much the same way. I appreciate all th hard work I see Red reign, HIO, and N2FL do on this board and like reading about the kids, but all I need to know is Bo is recruiting them, he must see something.

As an example, Ciante Evans was the 46th ranked CB last year...really, there were 45 players better than the kid we saw in his first chance to play shut down every receiver Mizzou threw at him. I will take the 46th over any of them from what I saw.

I actually have no problems with Rivals dropping NU commits down. That should help temper the casual fan's expectations about a kid coming in. If he's carrying that magical 5*, he's instantly viewed as the next coming of whoever was the greatest player at that position in NU history. Give them a solid 4*, or make them a 3* gem, and they have less external pressure to grow into big time college football.

Of course, Aaron Green is a different story. They could drop him to 1* and fan expectations will still be high.

All I know is I'll put this group of 3 star guys up against anyone's 4 and 5 star guys.

Prince 5.6 #51 Athlete, Crick 5.6 #45 DE, Hagg 5.5 NR Athlete, Helu 5.5 #55 RB, Gomes 5.6 NR DB, Martinez 5.7 #51 Athlete, and Dennard 5.7 #25 CB.

Just in the athlete category, it's hard to believe they could find over 50 players ahead of Prince, Martinez, and Hagg

And how would you be privy to this inside info?? He is a pretty solid kid who hasnt got into the hype of being recruited like many others, i imagine he could care less about the silly rankings.

Just proves how silly the ranking are at rivals and scout. Ask Boise St and TCU.

Hah. I'm not privy to anything. But I'm 19 and went to high school with a number of D-1 talent athletes.

I completely agree that AG is a solid kid--he's got a darn good head on his shoulders from everything that I have been reading. But he's still a teenager. It's hard to completely shut out everyone at this age. The guys I went to school with--they discussed Rivals and Scouts openly. My senior year, Rockhurst went up against Blue Springs South on a nationally televised game. Featured Scheelhaase and Blaine Dalton, the top quarterbacks in the state. Make no mistake--Nate knew that it was "the top two quarterbacks."

I'm not saying that AG is now crying because of this new ranking--but you can be sure he knows of it.

Dropping Green doesn't make a whole lot of sense since I haven't heard anything about his play dropping off. I can't really fault Rivals for giving a Texas or Florida player a higher ranking over a Nebraska one though. This is because those coaches have proven themselves and Pelini is still relatively unproven.

HEre are the stats of the two best RB's in texas, Brown/Green.

Name Team Att Yds Yds/Att TD
Malcolm Brown Cibolo Steele 184 1,696 9.22 19

Aaron Green San Antonio Madison 210 1,590 7.57 18

Seems like the stats are similiar, wonder why Green took such a big hit???

HEre are the stats of the two best RB's in texas, Brown/Green.

Malcolm Brown Cibolo Steele 184 1,696 9.22 19

Aaron Green San Antonio Madison 210 1,590 7.57 18

Seems like the stats are similiar, wonder why Green took such a big hit???

How do their teams compare overall? How about the OL on each team? How many D1 OL prospects does each team have?

Not hard to figure out here. After Rivals worked so hard to sell the "Tunder and Lightning" idea on behalf of Mack Brown, Aaron Green must be punished! Tyler Moore was punished for spurning Florida, and now Aaron Green. Anybody that thinks that there is no bias obviously doesn't notice ESPN obsessing over Notre Dame every chance they get. These guys have biases and are sometimes vindictive when they don't get their way.

I am not a big "World against NU" guy. I see biases all the time. I think that NU gets the benefit of some biases. But our benefits are usually in the middle of the pack. Two star guys getting that third star or three star guys getting that fourth star. Honestly, I doubt any school can come close to our number of 4* guys who don't quite get into the top 250. We always have a few. Seriously, that isn't a large pool of players every year. Yet we always seem to corner that market. At the very top, these guys cater to the big markets. We've had five guys in recent memory who have been absolutely hosed by the member services.

1) Aaron Green - 30 spots? Thank you Rivals for making it blantantly obvious. Punish the kid. Punish the kid!
2) Tyler Moore - Absolutely ridiculous what Rivals has done to him after he turned down their precious precious precious precious precious precious precious precious Florida.
3) Andrew Rodriguez - Drops over 100 spots after participating in Army All Star Game OUT OF POSITION. Unprecidented before or after.
4) Niles Paul - He dropped about 50 spots after being a STAR PLAYER in the Army All Star game.
5) Some guy named Suh - I haven't forgetten his drop after picking us over the Pac 10. He turned out to be pretty good.

Big market fans want big stars. Big bucks to advertise all their 5* players. Texas is doing great with all of theirs this year. Miami's 7-6 loaded team and FSU's high powered 5* offenses are examples of obviously overrated talent to pacify the large markets. Meanwhile, NU has a reputation for getting more out of less and for being more of a team rather than a collection of individuals. This perception hurts us in the national ratings in terms of the top guys. But the five guys mentioned above were beyond ridiculous.

End of rant. Long live "Tunder and Lightning!"

Excellent post, very valid points HIO.

Not hard to figure out here. After Rivals worked so hard to sell the "Tunder and Lightning" idea on behalf of Mack Brown, Aaron Green must be punished! Tyler Moore was punished for spurning Florida, and now Aaron Green. Anybody that thinks that there is no bias obviously doesn't notice ESPN obsessing over Notre Dame every chance they get. These guys have biases and are sometimes vindictive when they don't get their way.

I am not a big "World against NU" guy. I see biases all the time. I think that NU gets the benefit of some biases. But our benefits are usually in the middle of the pack. Two star guys getting that third star or three star guys getting that fourth star. Honestly, I doubt any school can come close to our number of 4* guys who don't quite get into the top 250. We always have a few. Seriously, that isn't a large pool of players every year. Yet we always seem to corner that market. At the very top, these guys cater to the big markets. We've had five guys in recent memory who have been absolutely hosed by the member services.

1) Aaron Green - 30 spots? Thank you Rivals for making it blantantly obvious. Punish the kid. Punish the kid!
2) Tyler Moore - Absolutely ridiculous what Rivals has done to him after he turned down their precious precious precious precious precious precious precious precious Florida.
3) Andrew Rodriguez - Drops over 100 spots after participating in Army All Star Game OUT OF POSITION. Unprecidented before or after.
4) Niles Paul - He dropped about 50 spots after being a STAR PLAYER in the Army All Star game.
5) Some guy named Suh - I haven't forgetten his drop after picking us over the Pac 10. He turned out to be pretty good.

Big market fans want big stars. Big bucks to advertise all their 5* players. Texas is doing great with all of theirs this year. Miami's 7-6 loaded team and FSU's high powered 5* offenses are examples of obviously overrated talent to pacify the large markets. Meanwhile, NU has a reputation for getting more out of less and for being more of a team rather than a collection of individuals. This perception hurts us in the national ratings in terms of the top guys. But the five guys mentioned above were beyond ridiculous.

End of rant. Long live "Tunder and Lightning!"

No rant.......well stated and 100% accurate. The good news is.....I hope Aaron uses this to become even more motivated and dedicated. Win win for all involved :)

How do their teams compare overall? How about the OL on each team? How many D1 OL prospects does each team have?

madison has LOTS more history, being a much older school , steele is only 5/6 years old, feeds off schertz/clemens. Madison is in a harder district than steele.

madison has LOTS more history, being a much older school , steele is only 5/6 years old, feeds off schertz/clemens. Madison is in a harder district than steele.

We will see this weekend who had the harder district as they play each other in the playoffs. Madison's district was loaded this year and Steele with Judson is always a force and got to like New Braunfels as they are always a tough team.

We will see this weekend who had the harder district as they play each other in the playoffs. Madison's district was loaded this year and Steele with Judson is always a force and got to like New Braunfels as they are always a tough team.

Well, Green is done as they lost to Judson 24-17 after beating them earlier in the year as they held Green to 130 yards on 29 carries after he had 220+ first game. Steele and Brown ran over a very good Rossevelt team 37-17 with Brown going for 229 and a 95 yard TD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back