• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Rivals drops Aaron Green in its rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
You have to love the politics at Rivals....;):eek::lol:....Aaron commits to Nebraska and he is dropped in the Rivals 100 from 28 to 58 and from a 6.0 to a 5.9....go figure and he'a having a monster season no less....guarantee you he would have moved up and received a 5-star rating had he committed to Texas....

These guys have no shame....

Oh but they did Tyler Moore up to 67 though....;):cool::Biggrin: On the other hand had he gone to Florida he would be a 5-star too....

http://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-2640

Last edited:

That is a pretty big drop. Not much would warrant that big of a drop this late. Smells fishy.

rankings mean nothing dont get so caught up in #'s, stars, points whatever...its all over rated

To you they do, but I dont see why...they are high school kids being rated by a 3rd party that may or may not know what they are doing..We are adults and getting hung up on a kids star rating is strange...if they are good enough to be offered a scholarship by our coaches then thats all I need to know

Fair enough....but the tend to be correct in most cases....sort of like the NFL rating players coming out of college too...right?

To you they do, but I dont see why...they are high school kids being rated by a 3rd party that may or may not know what they are doing..We are adults and getting hung up on a kids star rating is strange...if they are good enough to be offered a scholarship by our coaches then thats all I need to know

I don't follow recruiting as much as some of you guys do, but this is topic is interesting. How do Green's stats compare to the kid who is going to Texas? I did watch the game were they played against each other. I find the drop odd and maybe unwarrented, but like I said i'm not recruiting person.

rankings mean nothing dont get so caught up in #'s, stars, points whatever...its all over rated

C'mon Red Reign.... what is wrong with you thinking that recruiting rankings were anything but trivial? Obviously all this work you do on the recruiting board is meaningless drivel because all this stuff is nothing to get caught up in. ;):)

Maybe given Texas's meltdown they's drop all of the 5*'s from 07 and 08 classes down to 2*'s.

C'mon Red Reign.... what is wrong with you thinking that recruiting rankings were anything but trivial? Obviously all this work you do on the recruiting board is meaningless drivel because all this stuff is nothing to get caught up in. ;):)

technically it is, but its still appreciated

You have to love the politics at Rivals....;):eek::lol:....Aaron commits to Nebraska and he is dropped in the Rivals 100 from 28 to 58 and from a 6.0 to a 5.9....go figure and he'a having a monster season no less....guarantee you he would have moved up and received a 5-star rating had he committed to Texas....

These guys have no shame....

Oh but they did Tyler Moore up to 67 though....;):cool::Biggrin: On the other hand had he gone to Florida he would be a 5-star too....

http://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-2640

Not hard to figure out here. After Rivals worked so hard to sell the "Tunder and Lightning" idea on behalf of Mack Brown, Aaron Green must be punished! Tyler Moore was punished for spurning Florida, and now Aaron Green. Anybody that thinks that there is no bias obviously doesn't notice ESPN obsessing over Notre Dame every chance they get. These guys have biases and are sometimes vindictive when they don't get their way.

I am not a big "World against NU" guy. I see biases all the time. I think that NU gets the benefit of some biases. But our benefits are usually in the middle of the pack. Two star guys getting that third star or three star guys getting that fourth star. Honestly, I doubt any school can come close to our number of 4* guys who don't quite get into the top 250. We always have a few. Seriously, that isn't a large pool of players every year. Yet we always seem to corner that market. At the very top, these guys cater to the big markets. We've had five guys in recent memory who have been absolutely hosed by the member services.

1) Aaron Green - 30 spots? Thank you Rivals for making it blantantly obvious. Punish the kid. Punish the kid!
2) Tyler Moore - Absolutely ridiculous what Rivals has done to him after he turned down their precious precious precious precious precious precious precious precious Florida.
3) Andrew Rodriguez - Drops over 100 spots after participating in Army All Star Game OUT OF POSITION. Unprecidented before or after.
4) Niles Paul - He dropped about 50 spots after being a STAR PLAYER in the Army All Star game.
5) Some guy named Suh - I haven't forgetten his drop after picking us over the Pac 10. He turned out to be pretty good.

Big market fans want big stars. Big bucks to advertise all their 5* players. Texas is doing great with all of theirs this year. Miami's 7-6 loaded team and FSU's high powered 5* offenses are examples of obviously overrated talent to pacify the large markets. Meanwhile, NU has a reputation for getting more out of less and for being more of a team rather than a collection of individuals. This perception hurts us in the national ratings in terms of the top guys. But the five guys mentioned above were beyond ridiculous.

End of rant. Long live "Tunder and Lightning!"

Last edited:

Yup....:)

Not hard to figure out here. After Rivals worked so hard to sell the "Tunder and Lightning" idea on behalf of Mack Brown, Aaron Green must be punished! Tyler Moore was punished for spurning Florida, and now Aaron Green. Anybody that thinks that there is no bias obviously doesn't notice ESPN obsessing over Notre Dame every chance they get. These guys have biases and are sometimes vindictive when they don't get their way.

I am not a big "World against NU" guy. I see biases all the time. I think that NU gets the benefit of some biases. But our benefits are usually in the middle of the pack. Two star guys getting that third star or three star guys getting that fourth star. Honestly, I doubt any school can come close to our number of 4* guys who don't quite get into the top 250. We always have a few. Seriously, that isn't a large pool of players every year. Yet we always seem to corner that market. At the very top, these guys cater to the big markets. We've had five guys in recent memory who have been absolutely hosed by the member services.

1) Aaron Green - 40 spots? Thank you Rivals for making it blantantly obvious. Punish the kid. Punish the kid!
2) Tyler Moore - Absolutely ridiculous what Rivals has done to him after he turned down their precious precious precious precious precious precious precious precious Florida.
3) Andrew Rodriguez - Drops over 100 spots after participating in Army All Star Game OUT OF POSITION. Unprecidented before or after.
4) Niles Paul - He dropped about 50 spots after being a STAR PLAYER in the Army All Star game.
5) Some guy named Suh - I haven't forgetten his drop after picking us over the Pac 10. He turned out to be pretty good.

Big market fans want big stars. Big bucks to advertise all their 5* players. Texas is doing great with all of theirs this year. Miami's 7-6 loaded team and FSU's high powered 5* offenses are examples of obviously overrated talent to pacify the large markets. Meanwhile, NU has a reputation for getting more out of less and for being more of a team rather than a collection of individuals. This perception hurts us in the national ratings in terms of the top guys. But the five guys mentioned above were beyond ridiculous.

End of rant. Long live "Tunder and Lightning!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back