• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rivalries

Interesting. Is it a true rivalry when it's one-sided, like Colorado and NU? Or, does it need to be mutual, like Oklahoma and Texas? If the latter, it looks like we truly have no rival, therefore we are un-rivaled. :nod:

unrivaled
adjective
having no rival or competitor; having no equal; incomparable; supreme:

Last edited:

I was surprised that Miami wasn't even on the list. I filled out the survey and put them on. They aren't the rival I put down as No.1 (Wisconsin), but they are a team I root against in any capacity. The schadenfreude score for them would be 100 in my book. If they never won again it would be too soon.

Today, Nebraska’s has no legit rivals. We have to beat somebody for that to happen.

Sure, we can’t stand losing to Colorado, Iowa or Wisconsin, but we’ve gotten really good at it.

Northwestern feels like the only rival we have now. Every year it's close. Seems like Frost and Fitzgerald have a lot of mutual respect as well.

Last edited:

Northwestern seems like the only rival we have now. Every year it's close. Seems like Frost and Fitzgerald have a lot of mutual respect as well.

True.

Good games, but I don’t dislike them. Hate losing to anyone, but only hate a few schools.

I think they got every #1 rivalry in each sport wrong.

Weird scores. No way I consider Iowa or Colorado our significant rivals.

Aggregate ranks are perplexing:
University of Colorado
53.12​
University of Oklahoma
52.58​
University of Wisconsin
29.24​
University of Iowa
24.2​
University of Missouri
8.62​
University of Texas
7.76​
University of Michigan
6.75​
Penn State University
4.91​
Northwestern University
4.5​
Ohio State University
3.69​
Kansas State University
2.74​
University of Kansas
1.77​
Michigan State University
1.41​

Not true. I’ve lived here for 20 years - a hard time to be a husker fan in OK. Still a lot of respect. Every week somebody asks when we’ll be back or says they always root for Huskers. But then there’s the PITY & I hate it
Respect is one thing, but go look at the rivalry numbers in that link and see the disparity.

True.

Good games, but I don’t dislike them. Hate losing to anyone, but only hate a few schools.
I dont hate any teams. Some of the best games I have been to is the MN -Wisc in MN or Wisc games...just to much fun. The MN Iowa games seem toned down in comparison, Neb MN games have always been fun...Fun when you can get the stadium yelling...Who hates IOWA...WE HATE IOWA!

I was surprised that Miami wasn't even on the list. I filled out the survey and put them on. They aren't the rival I put down as No.1 (Wisconsin), but they are a team I root against in any capacity. The schadenfreude score for them would be 100 in my book. If they never won again it would be too soon.

And ScuM.

Could develop if Nebraska could go on a run. Push Wisconsin to a perennial runner up at best and they’d develop a hate pretty quick. I can say with certainty that I never cared about K State or CU until they started winning football games against Nebraska. Now I hate everyone but Bethune Cookman.
Lol. Even McNeese St. Is on my watch list.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back