• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

RIP T. Boone Pickens

He lived here in Amarillo for decades. He was the chairman of the board at west Texas a&m university. Interesting fellow. I met him a couple of times and went to his house once for a party. A friend of mine was his groundskeeper for many years. Like he had a full time staff just to keep Boone’s grounds. Trees, grass, flowers etc.

I visited with a customer today who saw Boone literally a couple of weeks ago at the gate of his ranch in the Texas panhandle. Boone was fiddling with the gate latch but seemed to be quite fit for a 91 year old.

I don't know of a situation where one guy alone turned a university's fortunes around. I believe he donated around $620 million in total to The Oklahoma State University, and secured its home in Power 5. I believe that one of the previous athletic directors at OSU said that had it not been for Boone, OSU was "looking squarely at Conference USA".

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back