• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

RIP Dame Diana Rigg

Prairie Sage

Red Shirt
10 Year Member
A great actress on the stage, big screen and little screen. She played "bad" as well as anyone. For those of us who came of age in the mid to late 1960s she was an icon.

rigg.jpg

As Emma Peele, she was the first girl I ever "noticed". I've never seen anyone sexier since, to my taste.

The actress had many other fine qualities. RIP, Dame Rigg.
Indeed. She was very hot in The Avengers. I have seen some episodes recently and she still seemed hot all these years later.

Was she made a Dame?

If so, why?
Many British actors/actresses are given titles of the empire. Diana Rigg, was a prolific and very accomplished actress on the stage as well as TV and movies, winning BAFTAs and a Tony award, in addition to several Emmy nominations. Helen Mirren is also a Dame.

As is Judi Dench. I guess its just that I haven't seen her in things that I thought were special, whereas the others I have.

I was on the board of an American sub of a British investment company and like many of these companies, the nominal CEO was a Lord. This fellow had been knighted because he was a successful middle tier businessman and knew someone who helps make up; the lists.

He's famous for saying at a board meeting of our sub, in reflecting on an early stage investment we had made in an unusual nutrition drink, that he supposes it is a decent investment until a drinker's hair turns green and his balls fall off.

Very proper these Lords.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back