• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rick Kaczenski giving Indiana bulletin board material

Regardless what he said, or if it gives them extra motivation, it’s irrelevant the first minute after kickoff. Who cares? Are they going to run faster because of it? No. Are they going to hit harder? No. Punch them in the face and let’s go.
This is true. I read an article several years ago that mentioned that bulletin board material is only helpful from the standpoint that it helps players focus and work hard during the week of preparation. But it doesn't really do anything to directly improve performance or further motivate a team on game day. So the fact that this came out towards the end of week shouldn't have much impact if any on the game.

That being said, Kaz is stupid for saying this and it does make Nebraska look bad. It was one of the lead stories on my MSN news feed. Given where we are as a program, we don't need anyone connected to the program, even someone who hasn't been connected for almost a decade, to be calling a head coach names right before we play them.

That does it! Poor Mickey can't overcome this.

I didn't even know this cat was alive, let alone relevant to Nebraska Football.
please, lets not bring cats into this. we were all traumatized once already. it was an embarrassing moment in husker history. lets just let that one die.....

1664528908754.png

This is true. I read an article several years ago that mentioned that bulletin board material is only helpful from the standpoint that it helps players focus and work hard during the week of preparation. But it doesn't really do anything to directly improve performance or further motivate a team on game day. So the fact that this came out towards the end of week shouldn't have much impact if any on the game.

That being said, Kaz is stupid for saying this and it does make Nebraska look bad. It was one of the lead stories on my MSN news feed. Given where we are as a program, we don't need anyone connected to the program, even someone who hasn't been connected for almost a decade, to be calling a head coach names right before we play them.
What's the cut off point for Nebraska being responsible for what former coaches have to say?

This whole story has got to be one of the more absurd takes I've read in a long time. I mean, sheesh, this guy coached here for a couple seasons a decade ago.

Why should anyone, anywhere, care what this turd says? We barely claimed him when he was here

Why fear bulletin board material? It is not like we are an overrated ball club.

I actually kind of like a little trash talk before games. It’s not like he used a racial slur. I find it incredibly funny that one of our former coaches feels so strongly about a coach that he calls him a clown. In fact I would love to hear the backstory on that.

Not a big deal - move on.

I actually kind of like a little trash talk before games. It’s not like he used a racial slur. I find it incredibly funny that one of our former coaches feels so strongly about a coach that he calls him a clown. In fact I would love to hear the backstory on that.

Not a big deal - move on.
I don't know. Comes off pretty idiotic when your team can't beat Georgia Southern or Northwestern.

Shouldn't he be running his mouth for Iowa anyway?

Personal attack on the other coach is pretty dumb, too, when the man is a head coach and you are on some podcast instead of walking the sidelines somewhere.

He got the attention that he wanted, I guess.

I don't know. Comes off pretty idiotic when your team can't beat Georgia Southern or Northwestern.

Shouldn't he be running his mouth for Iowa anyway?

Personal attack on the other coach is pretty dumb, too, when the man is a head coach and you are on some podcast instead of walking the sidelines somewhere.

He got the attention that he wanted, I guess.

Rick is a fan, nothing more. Clown isn’t an attack. Sheesh.

“Hey someone called our coach a clown. Let’s beat State!”

“It was sure good to get a win here, especially after someone called me a…CLOWN!!!”

Reporter: “When do you think your team was able to turn things around this year?”

Coach: “Definitely after a guy called me a clown. That was just beyond the pale.”

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back