• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ribeye vs. New York Strip

I probably lean towards the Ribeye, but I will never turn down a well cooked, medium rare steak, no matter the cut. On a side not, I prefer bone in pork chops to boneless.

Ribeye. I would like to prefer NYS, because that was my Dad's favorite. But all evidence for me points to the Ribeye.

New York Strip is my favorite cut, and second place isn't even close. After that, I'd say ribeye, followed by filet, followed by skirt steak.

I probably lean towards the Ribeye, but I will never turn down a well cooked, medium rare steak, no matter the cut. On a side not, I prefer bone in pork chops to boneless.
If you want to take that pork chop to the next level I just grilled up some massive bone-in ribeye porkchops last night. Did about 1 1/2" cut so they were about a pound each. Then did a dry rub with salt, then brown sugar and cooked on a wood fire. The ribeye chop has some fat, so it comes out tender and moist.

If you want to take that pork chop to the next level I just grilled up some massive bone-in ribeye porkchops last night. Did about 1 1/2" cut so they were about a pound each. Then did a dry rub with salt, then brown sugar and cooked on a wood fire. The ribeye chop has some fat, so it comes out tender and moist.
Man, talk about making my mouth water, just reading about them chops, YUMMY!!!!

On a side not, I prefer bone in pork chops to boneless.
Gotta love pork chops on a stick!

And a medium rare strip steak cooked Pittsburg is the answer to the OP. Hell, a sirloin is delicious if it's medium rare Pittsburg.

New York Strip is my favorite

It is hard to beat a good ribeye but I find they are inconsistent when going to a restaurant.

I was told the difference between a KC Strip and NY Strip is the KC is bone in. Is that correct?

Gotta love pork chops on a stick!

And a medium rare strip steak cooked Pittsburg is the answer to the OP. Hell, a sirloin is delicious if it's medium rare Pittsburg.
I have to admit, I had never heard the term "cooked Pittsburg" and had to look that up. This is what I found out, interesting indeed.

How do you cook a Pittsburgh steak?
Arrange the steaks on the grate over the hottest part of the fire and grill until darkly browned, even charred black on the outside, but still very rare in the center. You'll want to cook a 1-inch thick steak about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Step 4: Transfer the steak to plates or a platter and let rest for 2 minutes.

New York Strip is my favorite

It is hard to beat a good ribeye but I find they are inconsistent when going to a restaurant.

I was told the difference between a KC Strip and NY Strip is the KC is bone in. Is that correct?

The strip steak is also known as striploin, shell steak, Delmonico, New York or Kansas City strip steak. Cut from the strip loin part of the sirloin, the strip steak consists of a muscle that does little work, and it is particularly tender. When still attached to the bone, and with a piece of the beef tenderloin also included, the strip steak becomes a T-bone steak or a Porterhouse steak. The Kansas City strip steak usually has a portion of the bone connected, whereas the New York strip steak is boneless.

You people do know there is a difference between a boneless Ribeye and a Boneless Rib steak, the same is true with a Porterhouse and a T-Bone.

The same is true with bone-in rib steaks.

Last edited:

Ribeye by a decent margin. Ribeyes and strips are the only acceptable steaks. Filets are for sorority girls and t-bones are for 11 year old boys.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back