• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rib eye and Tri Tip Stk

Bean

Grey Shirt
10 Year Member
Just taken off the grill [hickory briquettes]; Bone in Rib Eye and Tri Tip Stk.

Rib Eye.jpg

The were delicious!

My compliments on your excellent selection of side dishes.

My sides were Frozen Crispy Crown potatoes, baked in the oven, and a salad. Although sometimes I just eat the steak with no sides.

Last edited:

In celebration of a pretty good football recruiting class [any reason would have been good] I grilled up a Short cut with a few Tri-tip stks. Grilled over Oak coals. Pretty good.

66d34402-8b7d-4cc4-a96a-15be6a4c6c46
Short cut w Tri-tips.jpg

toast to the coaches.jpg
Me? I'm drinkin'! This is a freshly made JD w/Cherry cocktail that is so yummy! Equal parts JD & McGillicuddy's cherry liqueur topped with CranCherry by Ocean Spray... you're welcome!
photo.php

Last edited:

Wait. You used the word "yummy" and you're drinking a fruity cocktail. Are you @Mack The Shark, in disguise?
Let's not get carried away here. I like pumpkin porters and an occasionally lime in my Corona, but I refuse to cloud my whiskey. That's just wrong. A good whiskey deserves to chill on ice and be enjoyed in all its natural flavors. It is what God intended. So it is written. So it shall be done.

Let's not get carried away here. I like pumpkin porters and an occasionally lime in my Corona, but I refuse to cloud my whiskey. That's just wrong. A good whiskey deserves to chill on ice and be enjoyed in all its natural flavors. It is what God intended. So it is written. So it shall be done.

***testify!***

Edit: I don't know who I could have forgotten this but it must also be whisky of Irish descent.

Last edited:

What ingredients are in the Kona rub?
  1. 1/2 cup of kona coffee beans ground fine.
  2. 1/3 cup of light brown sugar.
  3. 1 teaspoon of Hawaiian salt.
  4. 2 teaspoons of flaky sea salt.
  5. 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika.
  6. 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
  7. 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
  8. 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (depending on how spicy you like it)

What ingredients are in the Kona rub?
Sorry Bean, just now saw this. My recipe is pretty close to Chicago Huskers' but I use turbinado instead of brown sugar and chipotle instead of cayenne. I also add some onion powder. That's about it. I did mine on my Weber kettle using indirect heat over some hickory until it hit 140 degrees internal. Let it rest for about 30 minutes, slice and enjoy. Leftovers are delicious on a ciabata roll with an adobo aioli.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back