• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rhuling the Transfer Portal

Then again, we brought in two transfers from Alabama last year. One contributed a bit as a rotation guy on the D-Line, and the other rarely if ever saw the field.

No knock on the staff, just noting that transfers who were backups on top SEC teams aren't always surefire solutions. Tre Palmer, of course, worked out pretty well.
Totally agree.

I think we can both agree that SEC transfers are a step in the right at improving our team. If they work out, great. If not, send 'em packing.

Then again, we brought in two transfers from Alabama last year. One contributed a bit as a rotation guy on the D-Line, and the other rarely if ever saw the field.

No knock on the staff, just noting that transfers who were backups on top SEC teams aren't always surefire solutions. Tre Palmer, of course, worked out pretty well.
Wynn contributed and added depth - Williams is still young

A hand full of teams seem to OWN all the 5 star athletes so I suspect we'll see better talent looking to transfer. Why would a really good 4 star kid with lots of talent want to ride the bench for the next several years when they could be playing? There also could be NIL money for some of those players that are buried in a deep talent laden roster. With NIL money it's going to be extremely difficult hanging onto really good players that aren't starting imo.

A year ago folks were getting jacked up for back up long snappers from Georgetown, lol.

This year we have 7 SEC transfers. Gotta see wins, but definitely an improvement.

Sorry to rain on everyone's parade, but last year we finished ranked 7th in the portal rankings, 15 guys with an average rating of 86.29, and there were plenty of guys we were excited about -- everyone thought Mathis was going to be a stud, Stephon Wynn and Kaine Williams from Bama, Palmer from LSU, Casey Thompson, Chubba.. let's not pretend that we weren't just as excited.

This year our portal class is ranked 18th, 12 commits with an 88.13 rating. I'm still warning folks not to get their hopes up too much on Arik Gilbert.

Sorry to rain on everyone's parade, but last year we finished ranked 7th in the portal rankings, 15 guys with an average rating of 86.29, and there were plenty of guys we were excited about -- everyone thought Mathis was going to be a stud, Stephon Wynn and Kaine Williams from Bama, Palmer from LSU, Casey Thompson, Chubba.. let's not pretend that we weren't just as excited.

This year our portal class is ranked 18th, 12 commits with an 88.13 rating. I'm still warning folks not to get their hopes up too much on Arik Gilbert.
I think the difference and where the hope comes into play here is that we have a different coaching staff and the hope come in we "hope" for different results.. i mean i can be kind of excited about this until like year 3 right?

I think the difference and where the hope comes into play here is that we have a different coaching staff and the hope come in we "hope" for different results.. i mean i can be kind of excited about this until like year 3 right?

Absolutely. I just don't think it's fair to claim that last year's class was nothing but long snappers from Georgetown and the like

I would point out our lower rated guys were nearer that 86 mark while we hauled in a few highly rated guys which lifted our numbers near 4 star average.
Higher potential in this year.

I dont think SF and staff worked as hard. I think SF may have sent his staff a message over a few different players, Wandale comes to mind, giving up on him shows too much respect for x's n o's not enough for jimmys n joes imo.
Great schemes are one thing, not the only thing.

Riley concentrated too much in Cali imo and Bo wrapped it up too early and sometimes just took local kids, a look that looked like for appeasement only at times.

We are finally firing on all eight first time since Callahan imo
I’d disagree on the Bo aspect. We had decent ranked recruiting classes during his tenure. Bo takes a lot of heat for the belief that he hated recruiting. That wasn’t his context. He hated the re-recruiting process in that even after they committed you had to babysit their commitment up until signing day.

Bo said one of the smartest things I ever heard in recruiting rules. Get rid of national sighting day and let them sign whenever they want. Then maybe they can rid many of the student athletes, the coaches and the fans of some of the fall recruiting circus.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back