• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rhule reportedly turned us down. Update: Well Maybe Not

Corcoran, Benhart, Piper, Prohaska everyone was high on when they signed. I honestly believe these guys could make a serviceable line if they ran schemes that let them succeed. We need to move the pocket more and possibly use a tight end in backfield once in a while.
They need coached up. They need the losing removed from them. There is talent there, but it hasn’t been developed, and put into a scheme that is consistent and beneficial. I believe half the battle is in their mind, and care level.

i Don’t have a #1 what I do have is a rule not to hire coaches that have a losing record.

So if a coach who you have stated you want(Urb) has a winning record he gets a pass on being out of recruiting for 5 years? Basically your own argument is only for coaches with overall losing records? Winning record or not, being out of recruiting for an argument should apply equally.

C

You say he can recruit but his win lose record says different, if I guy can recruit why is he on the losing end more than not. or is like our storyline top 25 recruiting and 3 wins per year. If he could recruit he’d have more wins

Aren't his losing seasons at Baylor and Temple with the previous coaches recruits/players?
deforest.tumblr.com - Tumbex

C

He’s not wrong about the talent gaps. Frost had some good classes but they’ve been lopsided in favor of skill positions. Both lines and the LB room are deficient when stacked up against other B1G programs, especially the O line. We literally have a grand total of one acceptable offensive tackle on the roster, and he is injured. Rhule and his staff will have their work cut out for them and priority #1 has to be rebuilding the O lin
Just to chime in here, seems that rhule would have been losing with briles recruits until filling out the roster with his own recruits. If briles players were so fantastic without rhule, why were they losing rhule first year and then started to win??
Rhules coaching record is pretty good (you can do the math) when he has a roster with his own player. Unlike the last 5 years when the team got worse the more frost spent with returning/new players.
How can you say his record is pretty good, when he loses more than he wins. That don’t make any sense. Heck Frost has a better win loss at this point. The Concept of hiring a coach with a losing record to lead us to be a winner is a crazy thought in itself.

You’re just repeating the same thing over and over. Your argument doesn’t get more convincing by simply repeating it.
As is everybody’s retort. If you child was sick would you hire a doctor that loses more patients than he saves. I bet not. Please hire a coach that wins more than he loses

So if a coach who you have stated you want(Urb) has a winning record he gets a pass on being out of recruiting for 5 years? Basically your own argument is only for coaches with overall losing records? Winning record or not, being out of recruiting for an argument should apply equally.

C
As everybody know you like to parce word and quotes. Yes I like Urban because he has won a couple of nattys, Rhule has won nothing and has a losing record. Meyer we’ll be in the hall someday. You can’t say that about Rhule. Heck Rhule has a worse win loss record than the coach that just got fired

I wonder how much of our OL struggles are because of this. They look too slow. Too pudgy. Don’t move well. And we don’t really pull anyone since Jurgens.
They have pulled Piper some since he’s been playing. I don’t think Whipple’s offense involves a lot of pulling, though. He could have 5 Jurgens and never pull anyone. They mostly run inside zone and if that doesn’t work they just throw the ball.

The tackles don’t seem to move their feet well laterally to fend off an outside rusher and none of them seem to bend well and get good pad level when blocking run plays. I can’t tell if that’s coaching or a lack of flexibility and agility due to improper strength and conditioning, so I usually just default to saying it’s some of each.To me, they don’t look any “pudgier” than our opponents OL. And I’m not sure about their speed. Sometimes when players aren’t certain about what they are supposed to do, they look slow.

How can you say his record is pretty good, when he loses more than he wins. That don’t make any sense. Heck Frost has a better win loss at this point. The Concept of hiring a coach with a losing record to lead us to be a winner is a crazy thought in itself.
This has been pointed out to you over and over again . . . and you just continue to ignore it completely. It's disingenuous--at best. Let's try one more time.

NFL record does not matter when it comes to college ball. Rhule coached 3 seasons for a pretty bad NFL team. Your boy Urban got canned before a single NFL season was completed because it was such a disaster. Even at that, Rhule has 500% more NFL wins than Urban. But you'll ignore that for Urban because you want Urban. So . . . NFL record doesn't matter. Stop with the "he has a losing record worse than Frost" take by lumping NFL record in with that. Rhule is 47-43 in college and turned around 2 programs. Frost was 16-31 at NU and wrecked the program.

Then we're left with college record. Surely you realize that Rhule's record overall looks the way it does because he takes on bad/struggling programs and buils them back up? First years in those programs are pretty bad--because they were pretty bad teams when Rhule took over. Then the years trend upwards pretty dramatically.

Looks at the progression below. 2 different times, Rhule took teams that either weren't very good or had fallen on a really bad times (Baylor with the scandal that many thought could lead to the actual end of their football program). Look at the improvement every year and the strong final years.

Not saying that WILL happen at NU . . . but Rhule has shown some success in turning programs around. That's what makes Rhule a pretty interesting candidate given the current mess at NU. It needs someone who has done this before.

1669384105496.png

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back