• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rhule and staff

juju

The future starts now.
5 Year Member
Having listened to all the coaches video snippets, videos of of drills and on field coaching, I asked myself does what I see fit the narrative.

As a veteran, what I see is unity of command. It is hard to achieve that level of everybody being on the same page and the machine is working smoothly.

There is no mistaking Rhule is in charge. His assistants are dress right dress. You can achieve so much organizationally when everyone is on the same page.

Everyone understands the vision and knows where to focus and is allowed to operate at a high level. It is great to work in an environment like that. It is a combat multiplier when you can attack like that.

That carries down to the first line soldier that knows they can trust their training and attack. It is easier to trust your training and give it everything you have.

The Barthell video was telling for me. He is building attack the small details and toughness mentality. I liked how he handled accountability and made AJ Allen rerun the drill with his brand of tough love.

When the machine is running right kids don't say "well look at you coach". That bodes well for the young energetic Sergeant at WR coach. Setting the tone is largely what matters.

I think it was genius for them to have those kids all come in during a practice and show them the system is in place. If you talk about elite, then show it, people will by in.

Add in the Texas connections at a meaningful level, and how engaged they sound to be with HS coaches and being serious about building connections.

That is a team I would want to work for and play for. I could see kids wanting to be coaches, in selecting Nebraska to see how it is done.

All because if you don't have accountability, you don't have anything. That is half the battle.

I see a foundation being built that we can be proud of.

It will take some time to build o line into what elite level with our lack up depth, but I think that will come. A lot comes down to can Raiola get the talent he has to keep improving. Tall task but when the system is working it is easier to accomplish.

Having listened to all the coaches video snippets, videos of of drills and on field coaching, I asked myself does what I see fit the narrative.

As a veteran, what I see is unity of command. It is hard to achieve that level of everybody being on the same page and the machine is working smoothly.

There is no mistaking Rhule is in charge. His assistants are dress right dress. You can achieve so much organizationally when everyone is on the same page.

Everyone understands the vision and knows where to focus and is allowed to operate at a high level. It is great to work in an environment like that. It is a combat multiplier when you can attack like that.

That carries down to the first line soldier that knows they can trust their training and attack. It is easier to trust your training and give it everything you have.

The Barthell video was telling for me. He is building attack the small details and toughness mentality. I liked how he handled accountability and made AJ Allen rerun the drill with his brand of tough love.

When the machine is running right kids don't say "well look at you coach". That bodes well for the young energetic Sergeant at WR coach. Setting the tone is largely what matters.

I think it was genius for them to have those kids all come in during a practice and show them the system is in place. If you talk about elite, then show it, people will by in.

Add in the Texas connections at a meaningful level, and how engaged they sound to be with HS coaches and being serious about building connections.

That is a team I would want to work for and play for. I could see kids wanting to be coaches, in selecting Nebraska to see how it is done.

All because if you don't have accountability, you don't have anything. That is half the battle.

It will take some time to build o line into what elite level with our lack up depth, but I think that will come. A lot comes down to can Raiola get the talent he has to keep improving. Tall task but when the system is working it is easier to accomplish.
Agree
The coaches know what its supposed to look like, and know how to get it there. And never 'arriving', always striving.
Grinders

Wall - Run - Yes sir i will blow it up!

E394A512-3415-49DE-BE92-E498D20B4CFF.jpeg

I love this strategy. Rhule is going to build up Nebraska high school coaches and create a vast network of trust. He’ll do that with open door access and providing knowledge on football concepts and practice techniques. When the Saturday wins at NU start to happen with more regularity the high school players across the state will have a more vested interest in coming to Lincoln again just like back in the 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s!

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/nebraska-football-matt-rhule-destination

Rhule said he wants the Nebraska program to be a "destination" for high school coaches.

“We want to be a place that people come to," Rhule said. "We want to be a destination, people come to come talk about football. So we're 100 percent open. I tell every high school coach, like, coach, you want to come to practice? You can come anytime you want to."

When I see this stuff it just makes me shake my head and wonder where the hell this was for the past few staffs. It’s just mind boggling that even our own “native son” couldn’t be bothered to put in this kind of effort - even if just faking it. Unbelievable.

I don’t know how successful Coach Rhule will ultimately turn out to be, but even if he loses more than he wins, it won’t be for lack of genuine effort…

History is replete with a single person that has made all the difference between success and failure. Without Lee Iacocca at the helm Chrysler Motors would have without a doubt gone out of business. Looking at many successful sports teams the difference usually boils down to a coach that knows how how to get things done. Nebraska probably jump the gun with firing Frank and set a down hill trajectory for the program for 20 years. We’ve had incompetent AD’s and some poor people at the top of the food chain. Bo was a pretty good coach but lacked discipline and eventually cost him his job. Since Bo we never hired a coach that was EVER going to bring Nebraska back to our winning tradition.

Everything that Coach Rhule has put into place is part of his over all strategy to produce winning football and keep it going. It’s a program that should be successful for a long time. I believe Coach Rhule has found his destination job and means to keep it. Sure will be some exciting times this season.

History is replete with a single person that has made all the difference between success and failure. Without Lee Iacocca at the helm Chrysler Motors would have without a doubt gone out of business. Looking at many successful sports teams the difference usually boils down to a coach that knows how how to get things done. Nebraska probably jump the gun with firing Frank and set a down hill trajectory for the program for 20 years. We’ve had incompetent AD’s and some poor people at the top of the food chain. Bo was a pretty good coach but lacked discipline and eventually cost him his job. Since Bo we never hired a coach that was EVER going to bring Nebraska back to our winning tradition.

Everything that Coach Rhule has put into place is part of his over all strategy to produce winning football and keep it going. It’s a program that should be successful for a long time. I believe Coach Rhule has found his destination job and means to keep it. Sure will be some exciting times this season.
Just compare whats been done. Last staff never came close to hosting so many top players,never visted as many Nebraska high schools, had interims improving their work etc.
Trev said grinders,at least compared to last few staffs thats what we have.

Just compare whats been done. Last staff never came close to hosting so many top players,never visted as many Nebraska high schools, had interims improving their work etc.
Trev said grinders,at least compared to last few staffs thats what we have.
Not sure we have any modern day Nebraska coach to compare with what Rhule has been doing the past 4 months or so. Dr Tom inherited a well run program with excellent assissant coaches. Yep he kept it going and improved but he did not have to rebuild it like Rhule is now doing. Lets be honest our program was in a total freaken mess imo. Very little to build on without rebuilding the entire foundation. Rhule has been smart enough to use Nebraska’s great traditions to first fix the foundation. He’s embraced everything that’s been good about Nebraska including our living legend Dr Tom. He’s been leaving no stone unturned imo with what he and his assistants have been doing. If things fail (they won’t) it’s not going to be because of lack of hard work and planning imo.

There is NO reason we can’t be one of the dominate programs in the Big 10. We shouldn’t surrender anything to OSU, PS, MI or a WIS! Coach Rhule didn’t come to coach at Nebraska to be a whipping boy for any program in the BIG!

What impresses me is how Baylor knows to hire really good coaches. Seeing Mulkey at LSU winning national championship reminded me she won three at Baylor. Baylor won national championship in men's basketball and their football has been really pretty good. They were doormats when we were in Big 12 but they really turned their athletic program around. Hopefully he employs same philosophy here

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks