• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Requesting Prayers

Sooner24:

You are in my thoughts and prayers my friend. Take it from someone that has had two open heart surgeries. You will come out of this better than ever and just be determined to get up, move and get back to the family as soon as possible. Listen to the Dr.’s and use the pillow they will give you. Best thing is, don’t skip the rehab and you’ll be fine.

All the best and keep us updated.

akweasel

Last night I had a heart attack. They put in a couple of stents but they are going to airlift me to OKC for open heart surgery when the blood thinners have worn off. Not really scared just apprehensive since I’m right with the Lord. I’m not ready to leave my family especially my grandkids.

Last night I had a heart attack. They put in a couple of stents but they are going to airlift me to OKC for open heart surgery when the blood thinners have worn off. Not really scared just apprehensive since I’m right with the Lord. I’m not ready to leave my family especially my grandkids.
oh gosh I’m so sorry. Thoughts and prayers your way, and being good with your Lord is awesome. Get well soon.

First I want to sincerely thank everyone for their prayers and well wishes!

Update. Due to all the blood thinners I’m looking at surgery Sunday, Monday or Tuesday. Four days to five days in recovery Dr. said by my wife calling 911 as fast as she did and them getting the stints in less than two hours I have little to no actual heart damage. Everyone says I have the best Dr. in the OHH system (Oklahoma Heart Hospital) so that makes me feel good.

Once again I appreciate all the prayers and hope to be in the stands next year for the OU football games. Unless the Baylor game gets cancelled by covid next week my consecutive home game streak will end at 48 years and 4 games.

Everything ends sooner or later. Right @Bucky?

Last edited:

Update. Due to all the blood thinners I’m looking at surgery Sunday, Monday or Tuesday. Four days to five days in recovery Dr. said by my wife calling 911 as fast as she did and them getting the stints in less than two hours I have little to no actual heart damage. Everyone says I have the best Dr. in the OHH system (Oklahoma Heart Hospital) so that makes me feel good.

Once again I appreciate all the prayers and hope to be in the stands next year for the OU football games. Unless the Baylor game gets cancelled by covid next week my consecutive home game streak will end at 48 years and 4 games.

Great news! Prayers continue for you!

Praise God for a fast response! Continuing to pray for a successful surgery and complete recovery!

Thinking the best thoughts and praying for you. I will give you a mulligan on the consecutive game attendance. That is quite an accomplishment.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back