• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Requesting Prayers for my Wife (updated 2023 - see p. 78)

Been a while since I’ve provided an update…

I took a trip for work last week; only 3 days, but it was the longest I’ve been away from Steph since her ordeal. Maybe this is one more step back to “normal” – though I know there’s no going back (nor should there be… God taught us certain lessons for a reason).

Steph started a new round of pulmonary rehab a couple weeks ago (she was “kicked out” last fall due to her sessions being up, and others needing to get in). When I get down about her condition, I think back to last year, when I had to drive her to pulmonary rehab. Now she’s able to drive herself. Baby steps. Someone asked me the other day if she was “back to 100% yet” – I don’t know if she’ll ever get there (unless God has another surprise in store for us). Lung function and kidney function both under 50%. But we’re so thankful for all the blessings, big and small.

Steph ran concessions for the track meets this spring, at the HS where her sister teaches/coaches. As she was prepping to take on that new task, I was a little concerned that it would be too much for her. But she did great, and it was another step in getting back to a higher level of activity.

Following some recent blood work that she had done, her pulmonologist said “you had Covid again” – which was a bit of a surprise (we wouldn’t have known from her symptoms, though she was more tired than usual for a while; the blood work showed that her antibodies were off the chart – even higher than before). She may have had a flareup of mono along with it – based on the indicators.

Well it’s late and I can’t think of much else. I thank ALL OF YOU for your prayers throughout Steph’s 98 days in the hospital, and subsequent recovery at home.

I took a trip for work last week; only 3 days, but it was the longest I’ve been away from Steph since her ordeal. Maybe this is one more step back to “normal” – though I know there’s no going back (nor should there be… God taught us certain lessons for a reason).

Steph started a new round of pulmonary rehab a couple weeks ago (she was “kicked out” last fall due to her sessions being up, and others needing to get in). When I get down about her condition, I think back to last year, when I had to drive her to pulmonary rehab. Now she’s able to drive herself. Baby steps. Someone asked me the other day if she was “back to 100% yet” – I don’t know if she’ll ever get there (unless God has another surprise in store for us). Lung function and kidney function both under 50%. But we’re so thankful for all the blessings, big and small.

Steph ran concessions for the track meets this spring, at the HS where her sister teaches/coaches. As she was prepping to take on that new task, I was a little concerned that it would be too much for her. But she did great, and it was another step in getting back to a higher level of activity.

Following some recent blood work that she had done, her pulmonologist said “you had Covid again” – which was a bit of a surprise (we wouldn’t have known from her symptoms, though she was more tired than usual for a while; the blood work showed that her antibodies were off the chart – even higher than before). She may have had a flareup of mono along with it – based on the indicators.

Well it’s late and I can’t think of much else. I thank ALL OF YOU for your prayers throughout Steph’s 98 days in the hospital, and subsequent recovery at home.
May God bless you and yours on your continued journey

98 days in the hospital :eek:

Thanks for the update. I've read about and watched a few folks with long covid,most are still regaining things, some of the little things they lost, but its happening.
Prayers to you two,be strong for each other and accept all blessings

Thanks for the update. I've read about and watched a few folks with long covid,most are still regaining things, some of the little things they lost, but its happening.
Prayers to you two,be strong for each other and accept all blessings

She is having some struggles with memory issues. She's been managing her own appointments lately, but she forgot one yesterday (I should have followed up but I had no idea). It's so frustrating for her, because she used to manage so many tasks at once. Hoping that clears up eventually, but it did actually get worse after her last case of Covid (the one a couple months ago where she had no noticeable symptoms).

What I forgot to say in my previous post... Steph wanted an all-out Christmas this (last) year, since she didn't get one in 2020. So we put up the decorations in mid-November, and left them up until ... May! (Well, I took the outdoor lights down after Epiphany, but the indoor trees stayed up). I told her I wanted to leave them up so long that I wouldn't have to get them down from the attic next year! (We'll see how that works out)

:rolleyes:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back