• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Requesting Prayers for my Wife (updated 2023 - see p. 78)

So FINALLY here’s an update. TWO weeks ago in pulmonary rehab, Steph did 20 minutes each on a recumbent bike and recumbent stepper, at Level 2. I was surprised that she had enough stamina to go for so long. Then afterward, she slept for about a day to recover… and then was up for the next two nights because she couldn’t sleep!

Last week, she was going to drive herself to rehab, but she was short of breath as she was getting ready to go, so she agreed that I should drive her. They won’t let me in while she’s in rehab, so I waited outside. When it was time for her to come out, she called me – saying she was only able to do 7 minutes before she felt faint, and had to stop. Her BP plummeted, and it took a while for her to recover. Needless to say, I was not happy to find out that I was stuck outside like a dummy while she’s inside struggling to stay conscious.

Turns out it was NOT a good idea to stop one of her meds cold turkey (based on potential side effects, she made this decision – made sense until she started getting other bad symptoms back…). So she’s back on it now, and doing much better (and she’s agreed to NOT adjust her meds without doctor’s approval!).

Yesterday, she did 20 minutes on each machine, at Level 4 – so, more progress. And this time, when she was done with the rehab, she calls me and says they have a vaccine clinic inside, and she’s in line to get her 1st dose. So I went in and got mine also. This was something we’d been talking about, and we were convinced it was safe for her to get the vaccine (Pfizer). But we were sorta dragging our feet. So when they had the vaccine right there, it was an easy decision.

We felt fine yesterday after getting the shots. But this morning… I woke up with a very sore shoulder (at the injection site). I went out for a run – and made it about 1/3 of a mile before I had to stop and walk the rest of the way. Most of today, I was fairly lethargic; no energy. Steph had some pain in her scapula (which had previously bothered her during the “drop the meds” incident, and was a bit tired today as well (though I think it hit me harder). We both had low-grade fevers this evening, though we’re feeling better now. Looking forward to a good night’s sleep.

Thank you all again for following along, and for your prayers on our journey back to our “new normal”.

Turns out it was NOT a good idea to stop one of her meds cold turkey (based on potential side effects, she made this decision – made sense until she started getting other bad symptoms back…). So she’s back on it now, and doing much better (and she’s agreed to NOT adjust her meds without doctor’s approval!).

Prednisone?

So FINALLY here’s an update. TWO weeks ago in pulmonary rehab, Steph did 20 minutes each on a recumbent bike and recumbent stepper, at Level 2. I was surprised that she had enough stamina to go for so long. Then afterward, she slept for about a day to recover… and then was up for the next two nights because she couldn’t sleep!

Last week, she was going to drive herself to rehab, but she was short of breath as she was getting ready to go, so she agreed that I should drive her. They won’t let me in while she’s in rehab, so I waited outside. When it was time for her to come out, she called me – saying she was only able to do 7 minutes before she felt faint, and had to stop. Her BP plummeted, and it took a while for her to recover. Needless to say, I was not happy to find out that I was stuck outside like a dummy while she’s inside struggling to stay conscious.

Yesterday, she did 20 minutes on each machine, at Level 4 – so, more progress. And this time, when she was done with the rehab, she calls me and says they have a vaccine clinic inside, and she’s in line to get her 1st dose. So I went in and got mine also. This was something we’d been talking about, and we were convinced it was safe for her to get the vaccine (Pfizer). But we were sorta dragging our feet. So when they had the vaccine right there, it was an easy decision.

We felt fine yesterday after getting the shots. But this morning… I woke up with a very sore shoulder (at the injection site). I went out for a run – and made it about 1/3 of a mile before I had to stop and walk the rest of the way. Most of today, I was fairly lethargic; no energy. Steph had some pain in her scapula (which had previously bothered her during the “drop the meds” incident, and was a bit tired today as well (though I think it hit me harder). We both had low-grade fevers this evening, though we’re feeling better now. Looking forward to a good night’s sleep.

Thank you all again for following along, and for your prayers on our journey back to our “new normal”.

Glad everything is trending in the right direction!

Your experience with the shots sounds like ours. A day or so after we were all feeling fine

Pass our love on to her!

God Bless

I will continue to say and pray that each day new blessings bring more healing. Keep the faith!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back