• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Requesting Prayers for my Wife (updated 2023 - see p. 78)

I wish HuskerMax would continue doing end of the year awards because this thread would easily win in several categories. This is still my favorite thread on HM and enjoy reading the updates.

Continued prayers for Steph, you, your entire family, and the medical personnel that are caring for her.

Last edited:

Steph has been doing a lot more -- standing and walking -- without support, even from a cane. Sometimes she pushes herself more than I think she should... but her theme song now is "Say I Won't"!

We get constant reminders that it's a LONG HAUL. Her lung capacity obviously is not what it needs to be, and after she's been exerting herself too long, she starts to get wobbly. She did start her pulmonary rehab last week. Her first session, she did a total of 40 minutes on two separate machines (recumbent bike and recumbent elliptical).

On Monday, she put on her "big girl clothes" (her words -- first time out of sweats / shorts / etc.) and went with her mom and sister for a real spa day! She also ate in a restaurant for the first time since pre-Covid.

God is great -- and we see daily reminders of all the miracles...

Steph has been doing a lot more -- standing and walking -- without support, even from a cane. Sometimes she pushes herself more than I think she should... but her theme song now is "Say I Won't"!

We get constant reminders that it's a LONG HAUL. Her lung capacity obviously is not what it needs to be, and after she's been exerting herself too long, she starts to get wobbly. She did start her pulmonary rehab last week. Her first session, she did a total of 40 minutes on two separate machines (recumbent bike and recumbent elliptical).

On Monday, she put on her "big girl clothes" (her words -- first time out of sweats / shorts / etc.) and went with her mom and sister for a real spa day! She also ate in a restaurant for the first time since pre-Covid.

Each month God bestows more blessings as Steph and you return to all the things she used to do and the things you used to do together. We will continue to pray for more and more of those moments. Continue to cherish God's grace.

I know we don't see eye to eye on much on the football board, but I prayed hard this evening for continued healing for your wife. God is great. Alleluia Alleluia

Hang in there brother God us good and will lead you on this journey

God is great -- and we see daily reminders of all the miracles..
May God continue to bless you both as He continues to heal her.

Last edited:

Steph doing amazing on the exercise equipment AND wearing big girl clothes again...love to hear the great news and humor you are able to interject on the updates! GBR EVK!

I really hope the mental aspects of doing some things like eating at a restaurant helps her engage. Good luck and prayers

I really hope the mental aspects of doing some things like eating at a restaurant helps her engage. Good luck and prayers
Thanks. It does help a lot. And the other big challenge for her now, other than the lung capacity and stamina issue, is "Covid brain". She'll have a word on the tip of her tongue but can't think of it. Still struggles with short term memory issues at times. But she is improving.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back