• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Requesting Prayers for my Wife (updated 2023 - see p. 78)

MORE Good News and more progress today! We finally got a visit from a Physical Therapist today, who did an initial assessment. Today Steph sat up on the edge of the bed BY HERSELF. Then the PT was going to have me help her stand up, like we did yesterday. But then she stopped us and said "Wait! I want to see if she can do it" -- by grabbing onto the handles of the wheelchair. She then stood up "almost" on her own -- I did give her just a minor boost (as she popped a wheelie with the wheelchair). And she was pretty steady standing, just holding onto the wheelchair. Then the PT asked her if she could "march" -- well, that was a little too much; as she tried to step with one foot, the other started to give way, so she had to sit back down. Then the PT asked her to march while sitting (raising one leg at a time). Steph couldn't do this in the rehab facility, and before she tried, she said "I can't do that" -- but then it was, "Oh wait -- I'm doing it!" She did so well! She has really gained a lot of strength lately. And she slid into her wheelchair all by herself (with the slide board). I was so surprised, because we had never even attempted that (I would always help her by lifting / sliding). HALLELUJAH! Praise God for continued progress!
Well, small steps to big steps. Sounds like she is realizing her potential ambulatory goals. Give it time. Stay strong. We are all with you.

And TODAY -- I wheeled Steph out to our SUV in the driveway... helped her stand up... then she did a pivot, and slid into the passenger's seat! Without my help, and on the first try!

Then we went for a nice Sunday drive -- on a beautiful sunny day! The first time she's ridden in a passenger vehicle (not an ambulance or a wheelchair van) since October 13! No more having to pay $$$ for transportation!!!
this brought tears to my eyes I know this journey has been long for you both and am so glad to see your faith rewarded.I will continue keeping you both in my prayers looking to the day I can read that she is back 100%. God Answers Prayer

Coming to this thread daily is one of the best parts of my day.

I am so happy for Steph’s continued recovery. I can almost sense/feel the many emotions you have been experiencing during this challenging journey. Continued thoughts and prayers for both of you.

And TODAY -- I wheeled Steph out to our SUV in the driveway... helped her stand up... then she did a pivot, and slid into the passenger's seat! Without my help, and on the first try!

Then we went for a nice Sunday drive -- on a beautiful sunny day! The first time she's ridden in a passenger vehicle (not an ambulance or a wheelchair van) since October 13! No more having to pay $$$ for transportation!!!

Hey, hey its okay!

God is good and God is great!

STEPH WALKED TODAY (with her fancy walker)! At 0200 this morning (she has a habit of staying up late) she stood up from her bed and held on to me for a while. Then she said "bring my walker over here" and she took a few steps - just to see if she could -- then backed up and sat back in bed. Quite an accomplishment, and I was surprised she could do it! (She said she wanted to say she could walk while it was still February)

Tonight we wheeled her into the kitchen, then I brought her walker to her. She stood up, then she walked about 25 feet down the hall and back! It was quite a workout for her, but I was pleasantly surprised (woo hoo!) that she was able to go so far! HALLELUJAH! THANK YOU JESUS!!

Last edited:
STEPH WALKED TODAY (with her fancy walker)! At 0200 this morning (she has a habit of staying up late) she stood up from her bed and held on to me for a while. Then she said "bring my walker over here" and she took a few steps - just to see if she could -- then backed up and sat back in bed. Quite an accomplishment, and I was surprised she could do it! (She said she wanted to say she could walk while it was still February)

Tonight we wheeled her into the kitchen, then I brought her walker to her. She stood up, then she walked about 25 feet down the hall and back! It was quite a workout for her, but I was pleasantly surprised (woo hoo!) that she was able to go so far! HALLELUJAH! THANK YOU JESUS!!
Praise God for each answered prayer! You two will be sharing a dance before you know it!

Great news. What a journey. Stay strong.

What a tremendous update EvK, I'm so happy to read about Steph's progress. I just knew once she got home to you and the dog her mood would be just that much better and we all do well when we feel better emotionally. Look forward to your next update and will keep everyone in my prayers.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back